Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Model Y - FSD Won’t Work At Night - Internal Cabin Camera Broken?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was as driving last night and noticed FSD would not work. I went home and tested both our 2023 Model Y’s live cabin camera.

The car where FSD wouldn’t work looked like this at night.

IMG_5264.jpeg

My other Y looked like this in live view…

IMG_5265.jpeg

Do I need Tesla service to fix this? Night vision appears to be busted in one of my Y’s.

Reactions: Cyber_Kars
Try rebooting, and if that doesn’t work, have the car serviced. Does the cabin camera work normally in daylight?
It works normally in the daylight.

And now it’s working because the front screen lights up when doing the live view…but I don’t thinks it’s night vision.

Both cars are in my dark garage right now…this is the one where IR is working properly.

IMG_5266.jpeg

This is the one that I think is broken…it only looks light because the sentry cam screen is turned on…but it’s still not as bright as the image above.

IMG_5267.jpeg

I had software updates on both vehicles, tried rebooting before that, nothing works. A live look at both vehicles.

The cabin cameras work in the day, but at night only one works.

Can anyone share a screenshot of their App? It’s supposed to work at night, right?
IMG_5480.jpeg
IMG_5481.jpeg

This happened to my 2022 MY about 6 months ago. I contacted service via the app and uploaded the images and photos of the FSD warnings. They immediately agreed that my camera was broken (or at least the illuminator) and scheduled a mobile service appointment for the next week. It took the tech about 20 mins to replace the camera assembly. Given that there were no questions asked with immediate replacement, I'm guessing that this is a fairly common issue. The good news is that the fix is quick and easy, as long as you have mobile service in your area.

Reactions: KevinT3141
Good to know, we got a warning from our Model Y a few weeks ago that FSD was disabled because the internal camera was blank. It was dark and we just figured it was an FSD glitch as we were running on the preview at the time. Now with the preview period over, I wonder if it will ever bother us again if we just leave it as-is?

This happened to my 2022 MY about 6 months ago. I contacted service via the app and uploaded the images and photos of the FSD warnings. They immediately agreed that my camera was broken (or at least the illuminator) and scheduled a mobile service appointment for the next week. It took the tech about 20 mins to replace the camera assembly. Given that there were no questions asked with immediate replacement, I'm guessing that this is a fairly common issue. The good news is that the fix is quick and easy, as long as you have mobile service in your area.

Good to know, we got a warning from our Model Y a few weeks ago that FSD was disabled because the internal camera was blank. It was dark and we just figured it was an FSD glitch as we were running on the preview at the time. Now with the preview period over, I wonder if it will ever bother us again if we just leave it as-is?
Mobile service replaced my camera and it still doesn’t work at night. Has anyone experienced this before?

I notice the IR sensors are actually behind the black cover. I checked my working vehicle and they are visible…the one that’s broken won’t show any red dots.

I wonder if it’s the black covers. There must be some type of transparent material allowing the light to come through. Any chance the material on the Austin vs Fremont built Y’s are different?

IMG_5597.jpeg