Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Model S wheel change from 19” to 21”

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I purchased a 2023 Model S a couple months ago with 19” tempest wheels. Recently I acquired a set of 21” from a Tesla Model S plaid owner who swapped his wheels for 20” track version wheels. I have removed my stock 19” wheels and installed the 21” arachnid wheels. The wheels I acquired are from a 2023 Tesla with only a couple thousand miles on them. After installation I utilized the service menu to deselect 19” wheels and select 21” wheels, I also the selected the summer tire option. The car turned off to update and turned back on. Yet when driving and decelerating from higher speeds >60mph the regen surges appearing to turn regen mode on and off. At slower speeds <50mph regen Mode operates normally. Also my traction control dash light periodically blinks during acceleration and deceleration. In addition I cannot use cruise control or driving assist mode.

Drive for 10-15 miles and it should all clear up. It happens to my S too when I swap to the 21s. The car just has to calibrate itself.
When I make sharp turns going forward or in reverse it sounds like my tires grab or the suspension/steering rod is in a bind because I hear a popping noise and feel vibrating pop in the steering wheel. I have had this issue since changing fro 19" to 21" wheels. (I am no longer having any calibration, traction control or cruise control problems, calibration occurred after resetting/turning car off and on.)

Upvote 0