Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023.27.6 fine print

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2023.27.6 was downloaded and installed onto my 2020 Model S last night; this morning, the usual release notes were posted to the MCU. What was unusual was that these release notes were sticky. I could dismiss them, but they would reappear the next time i started the car.

After the 3rd time, I noticed a request at the bottom to scroll down to accept. I did, carefully reading every word like i do EULAs on other software (NOT!!!!). Scrolling down to the bottom, i found an Accept button which i mashed immediately. However, while doing so, I noticed just above it a set of option switches, but too late.

I reopened the release notes but the switches were not there. Does anyone have a copy of the note, or information on what the switches were for? I did notice most of the m were green, ie enabled. I am not sure what options were affected.

Curious minds want to know.

2023.27.6 was downloaded and installed onto my 2020 Model S last night; this morning, the usual release notes were posted to the MCU. What was unusual was that these release notes were sticky. I could dismiss them, but they would reappear the next time i started the car.

After the 3rd time, I noticed a request at the bottom to scroll down to accept. I did, carefully reading every word like i do EULAs on other software (NOT!!!!). Scrolling down to the bottom, i found an Accept button which i mashed immediately. However, while doing so, I noticed just above it a set of option switches, but too late.

I reopened the release notes but the switches were not there. Does anyone have a copy of the note, or information on what the switches were for? I did notice most of the m were green, ie enabled. I am not sure what options were affected.

Curious minds want to know.
This version of FSDb allows you to control data sharing with Tesla, which has been a requirement until now. Perhaps these options were related to that. You can bring up data sharing separately, if so.

Reactions: sdmack
These were around the data sharing of different parts of FSD. I was very happy to see this and have the options for specific things such as sending data while parked, or sending interior camera data, including start and stop locations of your drives.
I don’t remember the other 2.

Reactions: sdmack