Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023.12.10 - LTE online but Tesla Support + app can't connect

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This has happened to me twice since I upgraded to 2023.12.9 (sorry typo on the title and I don't know how to change it) last weekend. It happened within 4 days of each other so it's concerning me.

In both times, the LTE icon shows the car is online, however my app cannot connect to it. My definition of "connect" is I can't see the status of the car nor control it (ie. turn on climate control). In both times, I can connect to it when the car has wifi, but not without. It "fixed" it by rebooting the infotainment / long pressing the steering wheel buttons.

However because it happened twice in 4 days, surely rebooting the infotainment 2-3 times each week is not normal. I am inclined to think this may be software related because the car says LTE is connected - but me nor Tesla Support can't connect to the car. They told me to wait for it to happen again and if it does, then maybe book a service while it is happening.

My understanding is most people having LTE issues actually cannot connect to LTE. My issue is different - LTE is online but Tesla and my app can't connect to it.

Has anyone seen this behaviour before?

This has happened to me twice since I upgraded to 2023.12.9 (sorry typo on the title and I don't know how to change it) last weekend. It happened within 4 days of each other so it's concerning me.

In both times, the LTE icon shows the car is online, however my app cannot connect to it. My definition of "connect" is I can't see the status of the car nor control it (ie. turn on climate control). In both times, I can connect to it when the car has wifi, but not without. It "fixed" it by rebooting the infotainment / long pressing the steering wheel buttons.

However because it happened twice in 4 days, surely rebooting the infotainment 2-3 times each week is not normal. I am inclined to think this may be software related because the car says LTE is connected - but me nor Tesla Support can't connect to the car. They told me to wait for it to happen again and if it does, then maybe book a service while it is happening.

My understanding is most people having LTE issues actually cannot connect to LTE. My issue is different - LTE is online but Tesla and my app can't connect to it.

Has anyone seen this behaviour before?
When that happened to me, I uninstalled the app and cleared all the data, then redownloaded and set it up again, including phone key, and it started working again. What’s odd is I use three or four phones regularly, and none of them would connect, when I did this to the primary phone, they all started working,

When that happened to me, I uninstalled the app and cleared all the data, then redownloaded and set it up again, including phone key, and it started working again. What’s odd is I use three or four phones regularly, and none of them would connect, when I did this to the primary phone, they all started working,
Thanks. I've given this a shot. Removed my phone keys, uninstalled the app, reinstalled, and readded my phone as a key. Also removed all wifi networks from the car, and rejoined my home wifi. Let's see how I go!

I get poor LTE connection where I park at home. Sometimes (1-2 times a week) I find that I am unable to sign into Spotify the next day even though the car shows I have 1 bar LTE connection. I am also unable to connect to the car via the App during these phases. I have tried to wait the car to reconnect LTE, but it has never done so thereafter. So every time this happens, I need to reboot the MCU and the problem is fixed. If anyone has a "fix" for this, please let me know. (2017 MX)

I just got a model Y last week. Everything was fine when I had sentry mode enabled but ever since I turned it off I can’t connect to the car anymore. What am I doing wrong? Do I need to have sentry mode enabled just to control things like climate and check if my doors are locked? Help, please. Really frustrating

So it happened again today once the car got hot again. Hope this isn’t a heat issue. It’s so strange thought, I can open trunk and everything else, but the car’s location and climate control won’t update. Everything seems to be functioning fine in the car when it happens as well, such as web browser and what not. Very puzzling.