Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Monday 25 Jul 22

Tesla Ship Tracker Live position updates via satellite, the most accurate Tesla ship tracking chart on the web!

MORNING CHORUS A bit of a wet day for her as she crosses the Bay of Bengal. Still on schedule.
ETA Southampton 15 Aug.
Don't forget to enter the MORNING CHORUS competition - Click HERE to enter!

GLOVIS SUMMIT has completed her refuel off Singapore and is now preparing to depart to Suez. Her ETA there is 7 Aug which is a day earlier than I forecasted and so I think we can expect to see a fast voyage.
MY ETA calculation for Zeebrugge has been adjusted to ~15/16 Aug.

MEDITERRANEAN SEA departed Shanghai South last night enroute to Yokohama, Japan with an ETA of 28 Jul.

TITUS This time yesterday I was firmly of the belief that this ship was not carrying any Teslas however I am now pursuaded otherwise. She departed from the main RoRo terminal in Shanghai on Friday and is presently in the South China Sea heading for a refuel off Singapore on Thursday.
ETA Southampton 21 Aug and Zeebrugge on 22 Aug.

Yesterday I spotted RCC ANTWERP making her way to Shanghai South, however she has since had a change of heart and turned around and is now heading to Mokpo S Korea. I've no idea why. The other ship that was behaving oddly, LAKE GENEVA, has now resumed her voyage. She is meant to be heading to Japan however it looks to me that she is also heading for S Korea, possibly Masan.

I shall keep looking for the next ship...

Over on San Francisco, GLOVIS SUN is due alongside Pier 80 on Thursday however she is already across the Bay in Benicia and so she may arrive alongside a little earlier than planned.

The suspects.
LEO SPIRIT and POSEIDON LEADER are still on the list but I will review their continued presence tomorrow.

Links of interest

Monday 25 Jul 22

Tesla Ship Tracker Live position updates via satellite, the most accurate Tesla ship tracking chart on the web!

MORNING CHORUS A bit of a wet day for her as she crosses the Bay of Bengal. Still on schedule.
ETA Southampton 15 Aug.

GLOVIS SUMMIT has completed her refuel off Singapore and is now preparing to depart to Suez. Her ETA there is 7 Aug which is a day earlier than I forecasted and so I think we can expect to see a fast voyage.

MEDITERRANEAN SEA departed Shanghai South last night enroute to Yokohama, Japan with an ETA of 28 Jul.

TITUS This time yesterday I was firmly of the belief that this ship was not carrying any Teslas however I am now pursuaded otherwise. She departed from the main RoRo terminal in Shanghai on Friday and is presently in the South China Sea heading for a refuel off Singapore on Thursday.

Yesterday I spotted RCC ANTWERP making her way to Shanghai South, however she has since had a change of heart and turned around and is now heading to Mokpo S Korea. I've no idea why. The other ship that was behaving oddly, LAKE GENEVA, has now resumed her voyage. She is meant to be heading to Japan however it looks to me that she is also heading for S Korea, possibly Masan.

Over on San Francisco, GLOVIS SUN is due alongside Pier 80 on Thursday however she is already across the Bay in Benicia and so she may arrive alongside a little earlier than planned.

The suspects.
LEO SPIRIT and POSEIDON LEADER are still on the list but I will review their continued presence tomorrow.

Links of interest
So could this mean a fresh set of VINS being issued once TITUS has done the refuel?

Monday 25 Jul 22

ETA Southampton 15 Aug.

The suspects.

Links of interest
Interesting, my June order just had its EDD narrowed to Sept 24-30 which is the most precise I’ve ever seen it. But it doesn’t seem to line up with either MORNING CHORUS or TITUS’ arrival in Southampton. I’m collecting from Manchester.

Could this mean it’s likely on one of the suspect ships?

Still no sign of VIN in source code but it’s only just narrowed the EDD this evening, I’ll keep my eye out for a secret VIN

Got a VIN. No idea when. EDD August 7th - August 27th. Would that mean it's one of the cars already at Drammen havn, or does it just mean it's at least on a ship?

Thanks.

EDIT: Ordered mid june or so. M3P
That EDD is a bit too wide to be honest. I doubt it's at Drammen, there was nothing there earlier today.
You might want to chat to Tesla to see if there has been any progress with your order. Sometimes they even tell you the ship's name, if you ask. If nothing else try and get a date for when the car arrives in Zeebrugge - I should be able to identify the ship from that.
If I was to guess, I would say your car is likely to be onboard GLOVIS SUMMIT but MORNING CHORUS is also a possibility.

Interesting, my June order just had its EDD narrowed to Sept 24-30 which is the most precise I’ve ever seen it. But it doesn’t seem to line up with either MORNING CHORUS or TITUS’ arrival in Southampton. I’m collecting from Manchester.

Could this mean it’s likely on one of the suspect ships?

Still no sign of VIN in source code but it’s only just narrowed the EDD this evening, I’ll keep my eye out for a secret VIN
Your car probably isn't even made yet!

That EDD is a bit too wide to be honest. I doubt it's at Drammen, there was nothing there earlier today.
You might want to chat to Tesla to see if there has been any progress with your order. Sometimes they even tell you the ship's name, if you ask. If nothing else try and get a date for when the car arrives in Zeebrugge - I should be able to identify the ship from that.
If I was to guess, I would say your car is likely to be onboard GLOVIS SUMMIT but MORNING CHORUS is also a possibility.
Thank you. I will return later if I can get some more info out of them. The work you do is amazing.

Reactions: Seaview and JOL1
Monday 25 Jul 22

ETA Southampton 15 Aug.

The suspects.

Links of interest
MORNING CRYSTAL is heading into Shanghai now, then heading down to discharge at Brisbane 8th Aug, Port Kembla 13th Aug and Melbourne 17th Aug.

Given a ship just left Shanghai heading for Japan, there is a chance Giga Shanghai have been on a RHD production run. Do you think this could be a Tesla ship for Australia?

Last edited:
Monday 25 Jul 22

ETA Southampton 15 Aug.

The suspects.

Links of interest
EDIT: I think I found her, 15th at Shanghai lines up and is the same name. Maybe LHD to the UAE. - TAURUS LEADER, Vehicles Carrier - Details and current position - IMO 9700550 - VesselFinder

Following on from my last post, this May or May not help your quest to find suspect ships.

It has been reports on a couple of Chinese outlets of a ship loading at Shanghai on the 15th July with M3Ps and a photo of an NYK Line ship, however it’s hard to catch the name on the back but it looks like xxxxxs Leader. Are you able to determine if an NYK line was there as the report suggest the photo was taken then, but it could also be a stock photo.

First link has the clearest photo.

Last edited:
Reactions: S3XY T3SLA
Just checked the app like I usually do before I go to sleep, and to my suprise the EDD changed from 17. August - 16- September to 10. August - 30. August.
I ordered a M3LR on 31 of May with delivery in Norway. I decided to look after the VIN - number in source code and found it, its 605xxx. Getting really excited right now. What ship do u guys think the car is on?

Following on from my last post, this May or May not help your quest to find suspect ships.

It has been reports on a couple of Chinese outlets of a ship loading at Shanghai on the 15th July with M3Ps and a photo of an NYK Line ship, however it’s hard to catch the name on the back but it looks like xxxxxs Leader. Are you able to determine if an NYK line was there as the report suggest the photo was taken then, but it could also be a stock photo.

First link has the clearest photo.

The ship in the picture is TAURUS LEADER which according to my records was alongside on 15 Jul. She’s just left Singapore and is heading to Abu Dhabi. Since the cars are LHD I suspect they will be unloaded in Jebel Ali, Dubai which will probably be her next stop after Abu Dhabi around 5 Aug.
Great research!

The ship in the picture is TAURUS LEADER which according to my records was alongside on 15 Jul. She’s just left Singapore and is heading to Abu Dhabi. Since the cars are LHD I suspect they will be unloaded in Jebel Ali, Dubai which will probably be her next stop after Abu Dhabi around 5 Aug.
Great research!
I managed to find her name by looking at Google images of NYK line ships and comparing the back of them haha. 😂

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.