Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 MYP GPS stuck, no cameras, cannot sleep

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am at 2023.38.6 with the same symptoms and trying to download 38.9, but the download always hangs at 100%, then resumes to 50% and downloads again until 100% hang. Happened already 3 times. Any idea how to convince it to finish? Already tried to reboot.

I am at 2023.38.6 with the same symptoms and trying to download 38.9, but the download always hangs at 100%, then resumes to 50% and downloads again until 100% hang. Happened already 3 times. Any idea how to convince it to finish? Already tried to reboot.
I did a low voltage battery reset based on owners manual instructions to convince mine to finish, because my autopilot computer was MIA. You can also try to let car go to sleep by turning off sentry mode and power off in the menu. Come back and check in 30 mins and see if it will finish. But if one of your symptoms are like autopilot computer is MIA even after it wakes up it still won’t finish the download. low voltage battery reset was the only way i could wake up the autopilot computer and it finally finished.

I have the same symptoms, gps stuck, no ap, no distance visualizations, black camera output. However, my car seems to sleep normally as I'm not losing a ton of battery overnight while its parked. My black camera output was intermittent and began before the 2023.38.9 update, but got much worse after that update. After the latest update (which completed normally), i have all of the other symptoms listed. Tesla cancelled my service appointment as resolved and said all the hardware is functioning properly and they will resolve it with software with no ETA. 2023 Y 2300 miles - no cameras, autopilot or gps

Reactions: jwalit84
I have the same symptoms, gps stuck, no ap, no distance visualizations, black camera output. However, my car seems to sleep normally as I'm not losing a ton of battery overnight while its parked. My black camera output was intermittent and began before the 2023.38.9 update, but got much worse after that update. After the latest update (which completed normally), i have all of the other symptoms listed. Tesla cancelled my service appointment as resolved and said all the hardware is functioning properly and they will resolve it with software with no ETA. 2023 Y 2300 miles - no cameras, autopilot or gps
bummer, so 2023.38.9 is still slightly buggy. I’d say if next update doesn’t resolve it it’s time to take it in to service and ask them not to cancel it this time. or put in a bogus request like headlight adjustment so the car gets checked out regardless

2021 Model Y LR here. Currently on software version 2023.26.10. This vehicle was purchased used about a week and half ago now. Every software update starting with 2023.38.6 has downloaded to 100% but never gives me the option to install it. All cameras, autopilot, GPs and ECUs show and work just fine. My only alert in service mode is for UI_a022_ApeFusesEtc which I have been unable to find anything about online. I have tried all the resets and a LV reset by disconnecting the LV battery and the fireman’s loop like in the manual. The car has downloaded 2023.44.1 but again I am unable to install it. Tesla service has quoted me to replaced the computers in the car but after researching seems like spending 2k+ to do that doesn’t fix the issue successfully each time. Any advice?

2021 Model Y LR here. Currently on software version 2023.26.10. This vehicle was purchased used about a week and half ago now. Every software update starting with 2023.38.6 has downloaded to 100% but never gives me the option to install it. All cameras, autopilot, GPs and ECUs show and work just fine. My only alert in service mode is for UI_a022_ApeFusesEtc which I have been unable to find anything about online. I have tried all the resets and a LV reset by disconnecting the LV battery and the fireman’s loop like in the manual. The car has downloaded 2023.44.1 but again I am unable to install it. Tesla service has quoted me to replaced the computers in the car but after researching seems like spending 2k+ to do that doesn’t fix the issue successfully each time. Any advice?
in your case it definitely seems like a hardware issue preventing the download to finish. If tesla does replace the computer they will make sure to perform latest update before giving back to you. Likely your seeing the computer replacement didn’t fix the issue in this thread is because software version 2023.38 is causing a lot of issues mostly on hw 4.0 cars. My model Y with hw 3 had zero issues on 2023.38 versions installed.

I did a low voltage battery reset based on owners manual instructions to convince mine to finish, because my autopilot computer was MIA. You can also try to let car go to sleep by turning off sentry mode and power off in the menu. Come back and check in 30 mins and see if it will finish. But if one of your symptoms are like autopilot computer is MIA even after it wakes up it still won’t finish the download. low voltage battery reset was the only way i could wake up the autopilot computer and it finally finished.
Yes I tried 12v disconnect and all kinds of reboots, but didn't help. Yesterday made a service request in app, today 2023.44.1 appeared as available, but download is again stuck at 100%.

Dude... seriously... if nothing is actually broken right now, I wouldn't mess with it. There is nothing in these updates that are worth the potential headaches you will have down the road.

Reactions: jwalit84
Yes I tried 12v disconnect and all kinds of reboots, but didn't help. Yesterday made a service request in app, today 2023.44.1 appeared as available, but download is again stuck at 100%.
I see, Is everything working in your car at the moment ? If so, I’d leave it alone and let service center resolve. I did way too many things to get mine to finish and don’t know if everyone would want to do that. I also did a factory reset, and had to set everything back up. after factory reset i did camera calibration to clear old calibration from autopilot computer after i got it come online and the drove about 25 miles to calibrate again. I don’t know which part of what i did actually helped finish the download, but it finished on mine.

I see, Is everything working in your car at the moment ? If so, I’d leave it alone and let service center resolve. I did way too many things to get mine to finish and don’t know if everyone would want to do that. I also did a factory reset, and had to set everything back up. after factory reset i did camera calibration to clear old calibration from autopilot computer after i got it come online and the drove about 25 miles to calibrate again. I don’t know which part of what i did actually helped finish the download, but it finished on mine.
The car is drivable, but I would not say everything is working. As basically now it is a dumb car without cameras (the view from rear window is really small), without automatic wipers, without auto headlights, without navigation, without dimmable mirrors, without battery preheating for SuC, without any safety (anti-collision) features and without TACC or basic autopilot. I am going for a long trip at the end of the month, hopefully it will be fixed until them.

Service request is opened since last Tuesday, on Thursday I noticed my seat was in a different position (could it be related to Tesla doing something remotely?), hopefully the car knew it and I was able to "Restore" the position from my profile, but it took me few minutes to realize something is not right :)

Today I asked for an update, got almost instant reply that they are diagnosing and it could take "some time"... I hope it doesn't mean keep the case in pending until a new software update is generally available...

The car is drivable, but I would not say everything is working. As basically now it is a dumb car without cameras (the view from rear window is really small), without automatic wipers, without auto headlights, without navigation, without dimmable mirrors, without battery preheating for SuC, without any safety (anti-collision) features and without TACC or basic autopilot. I am going for a long trip at the end of the month, hopefully it will be fixed until them.

Service request is opened since last Tuesday, on Thursday I noticed my seat was in a different position (could it be related to Tesla doing something remotely?), hopefully the car knew it and I was able to "Restore" the position from my profile, but it took me few minutes to realize something is not right :)

Today I asked for an update, got almost instant reply that they are diagnosing and it could take "some time"... I hope it doesn't mean keep the case in pending until a new software update is generally available...
curious to see what service says. Hopefully good resolve before your trip.

My advice is... don't worry about the "hangs at 50%" or "hangs at 100%" issues... those are long-standing bugs that happen occasionally. I actually seem to get the 50% hang nearly each update. Just be patient with updates.

Which brings me to advice #2: don't be in a hurry to install updates. I mean, look at this thread. From my perspective, it looks like Tesla is charging some people $2,500 to replace their computer because of a software issue.

Turn your updates to "standard" (instead of "advanced"), and even then don't be in a hurry to install them.

When I first got my car 3 years ago I'd run to install each update like a kid in a candy shop, but now I let them sit for weeks. They don't often add much value, and I've had as many bad updates (bad changes that seem counterintuitive) as I have "good" ones (benign updates).

Reactions: Anndybo
Last week they said they are diagnosing and it needs "some time". Today I asked for an update, the answer was "Not now!" :)
So finally I have scheduled appointment date. In the cost estimate, they quoted "SERVICE CAR COMPUTER - LEFT HAND DRIVE - HW3.2 - PROVISIONED (1566786-S1-E)". Not sure if it is just fix, or replacement of the computer.
The price is 1425 EUR, but as it is still in warranty it will be free.

Well, we decided finally to drop our 2021 MYLR for computer replacement. They diagnosed first to make sure there is hardware issue. Next day replaced autopilot computer and so far so good! $2351. FW 2023.44.1

So finally I have scheduled appointment date. In the cost estimate, they quoted "SERVICE CAR COMPUTER - LEFT HAND DRIVE - HW3.2 - PROVISIONED (1566786-S1-E)". Not sure if it is just fix, or replacement of the computer.
The price is 1425 EUR, but as it is still in warranty it will be free.
So they replaced the car computer and the issues are gone. Also gone is history of my navigation (home/work/favorites are there), gone is my vehicle spotify account (it prompts me to create a new one), the odometers are zeroed (I keep one for monthly and one for winter/summer type changes). The cameras started calibration, but it finished quite fast considering almost dark, rain and driving in small city streets with not many lines.

So they replaced the car computer and the issues are gone. Also gone is history of my navigation (home/work/favorites are there), gone is my vehicle spotify account (it prompts me to create a new one), the odometers are zeroed (I keep one for monthly and one for winter/summer type changes). The cameras started calibration, but it finished quite fast considering almost dark, rain and driving in small city streets with not many lines.
So the Spotify account is working, car wanted to create a new one, but seems like Spotify servers knew the car is the same and my old car account got restored. Also WiFi passwords and remembered networks are gone.
After the fast camera calibration I drowe about 250 km and then I got came alignment error, saying the pitch on 1 camera is out of spec and physical camera calibration is needed, which doesn't make sense as the camera were not moved physically. So I just cleared camera calibration and it started again (in a better weather) and so far so good.