Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 MYP GPS stuck, no cameras, cannot sleep

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok, so I got my car back. Everything works now. They state, "Followed Tesla article to correct issue, removed car computer and performed physical reset on autopilot circuitry and reinstalled computer into vehicle." When they reinstalled the computer, the tech plugged the speaker wire into the glovebox and vice versa. So when I tried to open the glovebox, the speaker made a sound. Link Glove Box Jammed To save the hassle, I just fixed it myself. Also, the tech "lost" 4 clips/pins. I mean... REALLY. This is so incompetent.

• Informative
Reactions: Anndybo and bedoig
Ok, so I got my car back. Everything works now. They state, "Followed Tesla article to correct issue, removed car computer and performed physical reset on autopilot circuitry and reinstalled computer into vehicle." When they reinstalled the computer, the tech plugged the speaker wire into the glovebox and vice versa. So when I tried to open the glovebox, the speaker made a sound. Link Glove Box Jammed To save the hassle, I just fixed it myself. Also, the tech "lost" 4 clips/pins. I mean... REALLY. This is so incompetent.
So they didn't replace computer? What version do you have - Intel Atom or Ryzen? And what version of software you have now? I'm going for service on Monday. Yesterday new 2023.38.8 was stuck at 100% and didn't finish. Service in messages in the app insist it is hardware issue and needs computer replacement.

This is how it looks in Service Menu, boot loop?
IMG_0612.jpeg

based on the pic it looks like a different issue vs op. service menu on mine showed ecu fallback same as op. i haven't had any issues since the computer was replaced.
Yeah. Don’t know. They already replaced the computer. Also just had the screen completely freeze while driving. Would not respond. Had to park and reboot To get it to work. Unfortunately other issues remain.

This is how it looks in Service Menu, boot loop?
I have similar on my TM3 MIC SR+ 2021. Goes from AP BOOTING to AP IN COREBOOT, stays there for 30 seconds, then shutdown and begin again in loop.
Strange that many people have same symptoms, but slightly different issue. The issue is definitely a software one (something corrupted), but no idea if they can fix it without replacing the computer (or manually reseting something in it when it is dismounted from car as someone mentioned).

I tried all kinds of reboots (via buttons, change of wheels in menu, change of language), power off via disconnecting 12v battery and first responder loop, reinstall software via service menu (but according to service manual this reinstalls only CAN ECUs, but not car computer) and nothing helped. Got pushed software update from mobile technician, but it's stuck at 100% downloading (even after another 12v disconnect).
According to manual, only software reinstall via Toolbox reinstalls also the car computer, but the question is if the Primary AP is in state, which accepts updates.
Tesla is "computer on wheels", but it's really a very dumb car without the computer working.

based on the pic it looks like a different issue vs op. service menu on mine showed ecu fallback same as op. i haven't had any issues since the computer was replaced.
Yeah. Don’t know. They already replaced the computer. Also just had the screen completely freeze while driving. Would not respond. Had to park and reboot To get it to work. Unfortunately other issues remain.

So they didn't replace computer? What version do you have - Intel Atom or Ryzen? And what version of software you have now? I'm going for service on Monday. Yesterday new 2023.38.8 was stuck at 100% and didn't finish. Service in messages in the app insist it is hardware issue and needs computer replacement.
No, they did not replace the computer. I have Ryzen. I'm on 2023.38.9 now. After they did that "physical reset", I believe it reverted back to 2023.38.4, It updated at the dealership with 2023.38.6. And then at home after a few days, it updated at 2023.38.9. So mine "skipped over" 2023.38.8 which I got stuck on prior to me taking it to the dealership. It appears you may be having the exact same problem. Make sure your glovebox works after they fiddle with it. And make sure they put all the clips back into place at the frunk and under the passenger footwell.

No, they did not replace the computer. I have Ryzen. I'm on 2023.38.9 now. After they did that "physical reset", I believe it reverted back to 2023.38.4, It updated at the dealership with 2023.38.6. And then at home after a few days, it updated at 2023.38.9. So mine "skipped over" 2023.38.8 which I got stuck on prior to me taking it to the dealership. It appears you may be having the exact same problem. Make sure your glovebox works after they fiddle with it. And make sure they put all the clips back into place at the frunk and under the passenger footwell.
2023.38.9 finally installed successfully after a couple attempts. GPS, cameras, etc. restored. Of course, last update also "restored" this, just to have it fail again a week later.

my 2023 Plaid X is was having the gps stuck and no auto pilot or tacc on Wednesday 11/22/23. it always happens after vehicle is parked for a long time anywhere besides home with sentry mode on. (i.e. last time it happened was when wife and i got out of the movies after 2 hours) I was on version 2023.38.6 at the time. I opened mobile app to view location and turn climate on.
Once, I got in vehicle park assist didn’t load and no autopilot or tacc on the way home, Yay!

I made a service appt on the way home with a shared icloud link to show how the gps arrow was stuck the entire time of the location we had just left. My appt was set for Tomorrow at 10:30AM.

In most cases, if the car powers off everything comes up as normal next drive or day. So, obviously when i got home car still think im at the movie theater location. I had to turn sentry off manually to allow it to power off or go to sleep.

Next day Thursday 11/23/23, I get a trigger for update 2023.38.9. Starts downloading and gets stuck at 100%. First drive of the day gps is working again. But, still no autopilot, Tacc, and park assist. Did a two wheel reset- Nothing. Allowed car to go to sleep- nothing. DID A FACTORY RESET! - NOTHING! lol. Meanwhile, entire day download for 2023.38.9 is still at 100% download stuck. I assumed that autopilot computer had gone MIA and was not coming back online.

Next day 11/24/23, Vehicle still has download of 2023.38.9 at 100%. So, I did the low voltage battery reset according to the manual instructions. This brought Autopilot
computer back online. I cleared camera calibration just in case autopilot computer was corrupted since factory reset didn’t perform a reset on the autopilot computer. I drove less than 25 miles re calibrated and during calibration process download of 2023.38.9 triggered finished status to allow install. brought vehicle home and installed 2023.38.9. Haven’t recreated the scenario that caused the initial issue to test current version.

Today, Service Center contacted me and said it’s not a hardware related concern. 2023.38.4 and 2023.38.6 are known to have the gps, camera, TACC issue. They did not confirm if 2023.38.9 has resolved the bugs when I asked. They said monitor the issues with the next couple of firmwares or software updates. I’d like to hear feedback on this version 2023.38.9 has solved many issues everyone is having or not.

My issues went away after getting 2023.38.9 to install. Then again, the issues went away with the update before that, only to return. :/
Let’s hope it doesn’t return! I’ll be trying to recreate the same scenario on mine at a different location with 2023.38.9 to see if it happens again. I can always tell when it’s locked up or isn’t going to work when i start driving. The park assist (no uss) lines around the car get stuck first, and then gps arrow locks up.

lets see, will update if it’s still happening on 2023.38.9

Reactions: ultramyp