Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Model S windshield Distortion resolution?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I asked my favorite glass guy, and he said he has to get the windshield from Tesla, so another manufacturer is not an option.

Clearly, just asking my glass guy about a Tesla triggered him. He said, "Tesla transfers the bad service to everyone." He then suggested I Lemon Law the car, LOL!

That's not a good sign.
There's no lemon'ing your car for this. It's not a safety issue, and there's nothing "wrong", - you'll hear from Tesla. It's something you either need to live with, or sell/trade the car.

There's no lemon'ing your car for this. It's not a safety issue, and there's nothing "wrong", - you'll hear from Tesla. It's something you either need to live with, or sell/trade the car.

You missed the point of my post. And yeah, yeah, yeah, check my signature. There's 3 Tesla's in it, so you can save the "sell your Tesla if you don't like it," spiel for the newbies instead.

Lemon laws have nothing to do with safety. Lemon laws are for unrepairable warranty work. Most states give the car maker 3 chances to make it right, If not the car can be lemon lawed.

Lemon laws have nothing to do with safety. Lemon laws are for unrepairable warranty work. Most states give the car maker 3 chances to make it right, If not the car can be lemon lawed.
I've actually been through this personally, and I can tell you that boiling it down to this statement makes it sound so much easier than it actually is. All I can say is, - good luck, especially as these windshield are functioning as Tesla "intends them to be."

I know it’s an old discussion but I was wondering what insurance does anyone have on their cars? Is there a section that any window, including windshield is agreed on zero deductible? If so why just get it chipped so that the insurance will pay for new one. This might be a lottery but you never know if it’s that bad again…
By the way the insurance on my car has this agreed on.

I know it’s an old discussion but I was wondering what insurance does anyone have on their cars? Is there a section that any window, including windshield is agreed on zero deductible? If so why just get it chipped so that the insurance will pay for new one. This might be a lottery but you never know if it’s that bad again…
By the way the insurance on my car has this agreed on.
That’s called insurance fraud