Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S and Model S Plaid Refresh Issues Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My LR was working fine until today; all of the sudden I am getting "Vehicles Hold Features unavailable" and "Cruise Control disabled" errors. The fact that 1) this came out of the blue (I didn't mess with any settings), 2) side and back cameras seems to be working when viewing through the screen - yet no visualizations/traffic lights on the front dashboard (and no autopilot) make me wonder if both are related and perhaps a software issue.

I tried restarting and shutdown the car, to no avail.

Here's the kicker: the earliest service appointment I can schedule is on 10/20/23 - one month out!!! so much for Elon promising new focus on service quality...

The car drives just fine otherwise. Anyone else getting this or am I the one one?

I am on 2023.32.1

View attachment 976123
I had a rock hit a parking sensor got the same error.

Attachments

• IMG_9078.jpeg
    IMG_9078.jpeg
    229.2 KB · Views: 114
  • Informative
Reactions: webshot
What happened at 7:55 pm?

Nothing, a230 is raising suspension.

All sensors/cameras seem to be fine, btw.

I had a rock hit a parking sensor got the same error.

Bulls eye! Yeah I did something similar - on the bottom where the bashplate and front fender connects, I somehow sheered off the center bolt completely. Had to get a mechanics friend of mine to drill out the broken bit and put in a new one.

Those are safety related alerts. They will get you in asap. I suggest just taking it directly to your service center.
The vehicle hold error is mostly harmless, it just means after it comes to a complete stop on its own the Hold brake won't come out. The car still stops on full, but now after a complete stop on a hill now you might want to keep stepping on the brake. Ever hear a slight clicking noise when you tap on the gas pedal after a full stop? That's the Hold brake that's being released. If anything, that noise always bugged me and I like it better when it's disabled now. lol.

The autopilot error is annoying though... I do use cruise control/autosteer from time to time.

*****UPDATE******

As of this morning the problems are gone. What I did was going into Service Mode and reinstalled latest software (2023.32.1). My theory that both errors are connected and its software related - basically autopilot computer "crashed" - might hold water after all. Apparently reinstalling SW did the trick while restarting and hard shutdown didn't. For now I am keeping the service appointment, just in case these issues return.

Last edited:
That's odd. I had squeaky suspension when going up driveways/bumps but the service center actually fixed this one problem. Your service centers have tried to fix it but can't figure it out or they're just flat out refusing for whatever reason?
They have tried seven times to fix and haven't been able to. They do test drive after test drive and weeks in the service center. Still squeaks exactly the same.

I am taking my car in for the seat belt recall and thought I would check on the new yoke. They just told me to check in December for the revised yoke.

I swear I’ve read people got a new revised yoke already. Wonder what it is they actually got?
I just had my service finished. End of Nov for the new yoke. They recommended scheduling for December

That's good, although they've been saying that a new yoke is coming since the spring... But, hopefully. I'll take a wheel when mine fails.

They are refusing to fix my squeaky suspension, so I am pursuing a lemon law buyback.
Dang you're still having those issues?

Mine they got the calibration fixed. The note in the invoice says steering column realignment was needed. I was having a weird drift that felt like it was out of alignment. I had a third party even do an alignment check and everything was good. They did whatever they did this weekend. Now the drift is gone.

Oh. And this set of cameras. Tight! They actually look proper now. I've had them replaced twice now. Each you could see a gap and foam. Now. Tight tight against the car. Finally!

Ugh. If it weren't for ish interest rates I would be out of this thing... though. I can't find myself finding anything but the audi more interesting.

2023 MSP with 145 miles on it. I got my first taste of Tesla ownership yesterday with a UI_a020 Steering Assist Reduced alert that is gone today...
With any error codes you get, usually good to search them on google and this forum to get info. For instance in your case it was even mentioned earlier in this thread -- just see if it doesn't fix itself: 2021+ Model S and Model S Plaid Refresh Issues Thread

2023 MSP with 145 miles on it. I got my first taste of Tesla ownership yesterday with a UI_a020 Steering Assist Reduced alert that is gone today...
Record the time and date, or as close as possible.

Report same in your app to schedule a service visit.

Trust me, you'll want this logged because if it continues, or other intermittent issues arise, for Lemon Law purposes . . . .

Although, the half shaft vibration and squeaking suspension is driving me nuts.
I see a new Service Bulletin for a creak/rattle on the Model S and X vehicles. I wonder if they finally identified the problem that was plaguing your vehicle. (I think it was you that had the issue they couldn't find after multiple attempts to fix it.)

Condition

On some Model S and Model X vehicles, the LH and RH frame rail bolts might not have been tightened to specification, which could result in a creak or rattle noise coming from the front of the vehicle while turning the steering wheel at low speeds. This condition does not affect the structural integrity of the vehicle.

7 Nm still isn't very tight, so they must be really loose to be causing an issue.

Not that I am aware of, but all you need is a free Tesla account to access it. (It will probably eventually be available via NHTSA's site, but the most current SB they have available is from November, and this one was released on January 23rd.)
At least some of those free accounts no longer have access. I have been unable top access the TSBs for quite a while.