Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Model 3 Main Battery Failure BMS_a066

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve always noticed my range seems to reduce like 5% every 10k miles which to my understanding is worse than what everyone either here or Reddit reports. Well, just yesterday I got the dreaded or maybe hopeful message that I’ll get a new batt soon. Service scheduled for next Saturday.

2021 lr with the older 75kwh/72kwh usable battery. 55k miles. Supercharged a lot in the first 25k miles before getting a charger at home. Just got this message. Does this guarantee a new battery? I’m hoping to get the 78kwh if so. Anyone been through this? I pretty consistently had 10% degradation, and then all of a sudden a month ago I am around 20% degradation. I would love a refurbed battery.

Attachments

• IMG_8997.jpeg
    IMG_8997.jpeg
    366.2 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_8996.jpeg
    IMG_8996.jpeg
    196.8 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_8998.jpeg
    IMG_8998.jpeg
    305.9 KB · Views: 64
Battery replaced! I went from max 320 miles before bms error to it looks like around 330 miles!
Great news. Is a new battery one that would show 358?

Possible your range may calibrate up some more?

Keep us updated.

Everybody worries about the 30% degradation and what kind of battery they would get under warranty. Unlikely anybody will hit that degradation threshold. I worry more about a hard failure with a error code like you experienced and just getting a battery that is similar. Glad they got you up and running again. And a more refreshed battery than what you had is icing on the cake.

Great news. Is a new battery one that would show 358?

Possible your range may calibrate up some more?

Keep us updated.

Everybody worries about the 30% degradation and what kind of battery they would get under warranty. Unlikely anybody will hit that degradation threshold. I worry more about a hard failure with a error code like you experienced and just getting a battery that is similar. Glad they got you up and running again. And a more refreshed battery than what you had is icing on the cake.
Mine is the weird one where the battery is the same as the old lrs but the heat pump let Tesla inflate the numbers a bit. So new is 353 miles