Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019 MX 6 seater - Rear AC not nearly as cold as front when set to auto?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm wondering if anyone else is having the same experience, just want to confirm if it's normal. When I have the front and rear set to Auto and set the temp to 68deg for example, the rear air comes out much warmer. I can remedy this by setting the rear temp manually to 60, and only then will the rear air temp match what's coming out of the front.

A separate issue is that on auto, the fan speed selected is almost always too low so I end up having to manually choose the fan speed and temp.

Basically if you set the climate to full auto, the front passengers have a very different experience (in temperature) than the back seats.

Reactions: beachmiles
Yes, I had the same experience with my X a few months ago. I manually set the rear temp to "LO" and fan speed to 2.

Probably unrelated but the AC eventually stopped working on my X and the service center replaced the Evap Expansion Valve and Chiller unit. Since the replacement, I've left things on "Auto" and rear AC vents seem to be blowing cooler air.

• Informative
Reactions: Falcon73
Interesting. I will check this on ours, but I've been running the rears on manual lately at around 70F so they can help keep our '17 MX cool. Auto didn't seem to work well at all (hot car!), but maybe I should try LO on the rears.

Our MX was so hot that I've had it checked out a few times (most recently, yesterday), but no one can find anything wrong with the AC coolant pressure, etc. And they clocked the front vents shooting out air at 42F yesterday, much to my surprise. So, our problems seem to be not enough airflow and too much heat into the cabin (And I've done MUCH to mitigate that), but maybe we were fighting with the rears before instead of them helping us.

• Informative
Reactions: beachmiles