Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019 mid-Raven update - battery code and drive train.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

joshhidley

Supporting Member
Nov 23, 2022
California
I’m looking at buying a 2019 model s LR and am wondering about the battery code and the fact that it doesn’t have CCS adaptor support.

Are there any red flags w this battery (see attached photo)? I was expecting to see an -H or a -G at the end of the code. Not sure what -E indicates. Anyone know the kWh and usable kWh?

Does lack of CCS mean my supercharging will be slower?

Does it have the other raven power train stuff?

My experience is about a year w a 2018 75D which was totaled so that would give me good context.

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_0115.jpeg
    IMG_0115.jpeg
    280.9 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_0121.jpeg
    IMG_0121.jpeg
    295.3 KB · Views: 78
-E was the earlier code, H and G's didn't start until 2020 builds IIRC. There have been some instances of E code batteries needing replaced after popping a failure during supercharging or soon after, there are a few threads on the boards, but doesn't seem to be a "definitely going to happen" thing. Usable capacity is easy to back-calculate from % on the dash and "rated" range on the dash, using the "rated" consumption for the car

CCS not enabled just means you can't use a CCS to Tesla adapter for non-tesla DC fast charging, without a retrofit from Tesla (not sure if that's an option, I know it is for some of the Raven cars, and soem Raven cars came with the compatitibility standard, my November 2020 X build did)

Sorry, trolling around S forums again beacuse of the price drop, I'll see myself out

Reactions: joshhidley
Upvote 0