Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You forgot to mention that you told Tesla your car need was essential in the first text (when key workers were struggling to get theirs), when in your own words it was neither essential and that you were not a key worker.

As far as I can tell by looking back he just received a text asking if they could home deliver it, nothing about the car being essential.

Reactions: Durzel
Anyway...

Shut the front door, I had an awesome phone call from Sam at Tesla earlier. Aiming to deliver my car tomorrow afternoon, from Heathrow. He said it may be put on a car transporter but if not, it will be driven up.

I won't hold my breath but I'm mildly excited/relieved/nervous about it all.

Hopefully it lands before March 31st.
Wish you well for tomorrow.
May I ask, are you cash buyer (no part ex), already paid in full, and original delivery date already passed?

Anyway...

Shut the front door, I had an awesome phone call from Sam at Tesla earlier. Aiming to deliver my car tomorrow afternoon, from Heathrow. He said it may be put on a car transporter but if not, it will be driven up.

I hope you insisted all key workers should go first
Anyway...

ask them if they could shove another one on the back of the trailer as I’m in Leicester and ordered the same car. Should have picked up Friday.
If they did that one driver 2 cars and then we wouldn’t upset “anyone”

Reactions: TheManofMead
As far as I can tell by looking back he just received a text asking if they could home deliver it, nothing about the car being essential.
Yup. They texted me to say they wanted to deliver the car, and followed up with a phone call asking if I would accept delivery. I’d paid in full, I don’t know if that mattered.

At no point had I said I was a key worker, nor did they ask me.

I hope the air isn’t too thin up there on your high horse @-Mat-

Anyway...

It more than likely will be, because of the Q1 figures. Congratulations, have been following your saga on here, glad it’s getting towards the end.

Anyway...

Same guy that called us, we are still waiting for a final invoice before delivery Tuesday. Hopefully this won’t hold things up!

Reactions: stonecoldrmw
My car just turned up on a two car transporter, very happy to see it.

Only issue is that the reg number is different to that which they told me...and I specifically asked them to confirm it yesterday on the phone when they said they’d deliver in.

And of course LV phone line is closed today (despite their website saying the opposite - though completely understandable in the circumstances). So I had to do another insurance policy online with them and will be calling in the morning to cancel one of them!

But very pleased to have it!

Be warned - if you’re getting cars delivered from Southampton and you were originally going to collect it there is a good chance your car won’t have the same numberplate as you’ve previously been told it would have.

Mine turned up with a different one and it wasn’t until checking the VIN and speaking to Tesla I was told the cars had to be registered where they were at the time, not where they were going originally (as they register cars on the day)

EDIT: Just beaten by @AshD

Just mulling over options at the moment.

For both moral and it’s now the law reasons, I’m not prepared to do a ~250 mile round trip to collect. My conscience wouldn’t let me and I’m not sure how I’d view the car going forward knowing I’d gone against everything that we’re all meant to be doing to slow down this virus just to collect a car. Never mind looking NHS and other essential workers in this sh1tstorm in the eye again.

Been told home delivery is not an option due to there being a trade in involved.

If car stays allocated to me and I sit it out and wait been told it’s likely Tesla will want to reduce value of trade in when the time comes that I can collect.

If both the above remain fixed I’m sorely tempted right now to walk away from the order and come back in maybe twelve months or so when some semblance of normality may have resumed. And if that’s the case switch from the Performance to the Long Range to realise some cost savings at the point of purchase at the time.

Mulling options...

Reactions: ringi and Mr H
He certainly does, I'm a bit concerned about this insurance policy I have running now. I really don't want to cancel it and go through it all again but I'm not sure how you go about changing the reg number on Direct Line.

I'm guessing they don't consider PCP the same way they do cash payments or maybe Black Horse have shut up shop for now.

He certainly does, I'm a bit concerned about this insurance policy I have running now. I really don't want to cancel it and go through it all again but I'm not sure how you go about changing the reg number on Direct Line.

I'm guessing they don't consider PCP the same way they do cash payments or maybe Black Horse have shut up shop for now.
We are pcp and were told yesterday we are getting ours via delivery on Tuesday.

• Helpful
Reactions: Matt2000

For both moral and it’s now the law reasons, I’m not prepared to do a ~250 mile round trip to collect. My conscience wouldn’t let me and I’m not sure how I’d view the car going forward knowing I’d gone against everything that we’re all meant to be doing to slow down this virus just to collect a car. Never mind looking NHS and other essential workers in this sh1tstorm in the eye again.

Been told home delivery is not an option due to there being a trade in involved.

If car stays allocated to me and I sit it out and wait been told it’s likely Tesla will want to reduce value of trade in when the time comes that I can collect.

If both the above remain fixed I’m sorely tempted right now to walk away from the order and come back in maybe twelve months or so when some semblance of normality may have resumed. And if that’s the case switch from the Performance to the Long Range to realise some cost savings at the point of purchase at the time.

Mulling options...

currently sounds like things won’t return to a semblance of normal for 6 months by which time the new number plate is available, the Model 3 will have USB-C chargers and maybe even a heat pump. I took delivery of mine a few days ago but it has gone nowhere and won’t go anywhere for months. Maybe pass and take the trade in decline on the chin?

Reactions: ringi and Masklin

Mulling options...
Did Tesla give you a good trade in? How long ago was the quote given to you? If it was recently you’d possibly get a similar price with WBAC, but if it was a while ago then all valuations have plummeted!

Did Tesla give you a good trade in? How long ago was the quote given to you? If it was recently you’d possibly get a similar price with WBAC, but if it was a while ago then all valuations have plummeted!

The trade in price was accepted in January. I’d run the car through a few of the we buy type sites at the time and it was at the lower end of the range but acceptable.

Right now Tesla just don’t want trade ins I think, at least that’s the impression I get from phone calls. It’s quite possibly considered over valued by them now and the auction houses or places they pass them straight on to just don’t want cars for the time being. There’s nowhere for them to go.

If you go to WBAC today and ask for a price they just say sorry, we’re not interested until some semblance of life getting back to normal resumes. Not surprising really.

Reactions: Harv3y

Should just be able to call them and make the change. They’ll likely charge you a fee for the change, but shouldn’t be more than £40. If you did it less than 14 days ago, remember you’re stilling the ‘cooling off’ period anyway.

Reactions: Matt2000
Beware, there follows a lot of quotes...

Wish you well for tomorrow.
May I ask, are you cash buyer (no part ex), already paid in full, and original delivery date already passed?

I've paid roughly just shy of 20% deposit on a 4 yr PCP.

I hope you insisted all key workers should go first”

I am a key worker. See my post from earlier in the thread. I had happily declined to take the car based on them supplying all NHS workers first.
I spoke to Tesla about an hour ago to confirm that I was on the 'list' for a delivery after the collection was 'locked down' (pun fully intended). He said if my car was essential ( as in without the use of another car) and I was a key worker, then I would be prioritised. I explained that whilst I am formally categorised as a key worker, I do have the use of my car as I have yet to sell it and I'd prefer that Doctors and Nurses get theirs first.

The guy I spoke to, Jack, said that it was good of me to say that as I'd quite rightly guessed that by admitting that, it's likely to put me further down the queue for delivery of my car. He did say that some people have been a bit more aggressive/tedious.

It more than likely will be, because of the Q1 figures. Congratulations, have been following your saga on here, glad it’s getting towards the end.

Thanks!

I have checked my account and nothing has changed so as mentioned, I'm not holding my breath. I was roughly about a 3rd of the way through the manual. I need to get my skates on - fat chance of that tomorrow though, both me and the other half working from home, with her 90 yr old Nan living with us (protection from CV19) and our 15 month old running riot.

Send help!

Hi

Just after some inside info from people who`ve recently took delivery.

I`ve bought a Tesla Model 3 through Zenith in work on a salary sacrifice scheme.

I`ve yet to hear from tesla but zenith tell me they have put the order through. That was about 5 days ago.

Its a standard white model 3.

How long do you think it will sit with Tesla now the worlds gone crazy.

Thanks for any info

Hi

Just after some inside info from people who`ve recently took delivery.

I`ve bought a Tesla Model 3 through Zenith in work on a salary sacrifice scheme.

I`ve yet to hear from tesla but zenith tell me they have put the order through. That was about 5 days ago.

Its a standard white model 3.

How long do you think it will sit with Tesla now the worlds gone crazy.

Thanks for any info

Likelihood is, it's a lottery. I wouldn't even like to say. If it's an inventory car then it could be within the next couple of weeks. If not, then forget seeing it any time before June at the earliest.

Reactions: Cnixon
Status
Not open for further replies.