Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've never had that bug on 2019.16.3.2, but I got it twice today - on the parking lot and in the garage. Just as I pulled into the parking spot, it flashed a warning that front camera has obstructed view and cruise control is unavailable.

I also noticed that the car refuses to go into sleep now. It used to go to sleep after ~15-30 minutes of inactivity when parked in the garage or on the driveway as Sentry mode is deactivated at home. It did sleep at night when plugged in, but after I drove it this morning, it sat all day awake.
I received this update and it did not fix the "Cruise Control Unavailable" bug. Tesla knows about it, and attempted to push an update yesterday to fix it, but that didn't work either. I really hope that I get to use Autopilot soon..... :(

Looks like @TT97 wins, but is disqualified for a prize as it was buried in another thread!

Ref: 2019.20.1

506012c3-f4c4-49e0-95d3-494347d1a2f4-jpeg.420452

Seemed like they turned the brightness way too low on the night mode screen for the default. Could barely see it especially after looking at oncoming headlights. Adjusted it higher, hope it keeps.

Yes, I've noticed that too. If I go into Controls > Display and tap "Auto" on brightness it seems to sort itself out, but often when I start the car at night it cranks brightness right down to 5%, which is barely readable.

You've had your car for a month or 2? You'll note that I've had my car for a year, and I said no nags for 9 months - in other words, it took me a while to learn how to hold the wheel to eliminate the nags. I also had trust issues, and there's definitely a learning curve.
I didn't realize there was superiority around here based on length of ownership so my bad... LOL

But I think you missed my point. I'm not actually trying to learn how to hold the wheel in any particular way to avoid the nags. I don't mind the nags because they are very simple to dismiss when they arise IF you are paying attention as you should.

I had heard from @neroden that USB music support has been busted for a while, although that could be only on S/X.

I don’t see the USB icon on my screen that you have, but I only have one USB plugged in, that is set up for TeslaCam, and there are no music files on it. And I have 2019.20.1.
I don’t have USB music either, only TeslaCam like you as well. And this is the first time I’ve seen the USB music option/showing on the Model 3 media player since Jan 2018. Firmware: 2019.20.2.1

One thing for certain is my video files are no longer corrupting. Last version was getting mostly unusable files, which was disconcerting particularly with Sentry alerts - but I just ran through my folders and all the new videos are good!
EDLA is much better too, nowhere near as many false alerts.

I've never had that bug on 2019.16.3.2, but I got it twice today - on the parking lot and in the garage. Just as I pulled into the parking spot, it flashed a warning that front camera has obstructed view and cruise control is unavailable.

I also noticed that the car refuses to go into sleep now. It used to go to sleep after ~15-30 minutes of inactivity when parked in the garage or on the driveway as Sentry mode is deactivated at home. It did sleep at night when plugged in, but after I drove it this morning, it sat all day awake.

I get all sorts of weird messages about view obstructed, lane change not available etc etc, as I'm parking in my tight garage. Happens every single time without warning. I tune them out as it has to be something to do with the garage and tight parking etc etc. As soon as I reverse out, all is well again.

Take a chill pill on advanced summon. There is lots of risk involved and they better get it right before releasing. I can wait a few more weeks or months.

Not being able to permanently disable ELDA is a joke. No excuse for not including that.
I must say though ELDA hasn't been a problem for me since the first couple of days. Not sure why.

If advanced summon means my car will drive 2 mph to return to me, I don’t want it.

My ELDA is permanently disabled because my AP2 car does not have ELDA.

I don’t know why they had to mess with the display auto dimming, now you have to adjust it, too dark at night and too bright during the day. Re-do what it was before this latest patch.

USB & Music

Stick a memory card in the other USB slot, I made a Music Folder, from others here you don’t need to create a folder and I moved 30 songs to it. The USB icon will appear.

Fred

Last edited:
Reactions: dwalme
Just for the record, USB audio has been available in the model 3 since the beginning. It didn't work very well at first, and still doesn't work nearly as well as it could, but at least now it remembers where you are over power cycles - they finally fixed that about February of this year.

And yes, the USB icon will appear if you insert a usb drive with music files on it. You can use fat32 or ext4 for formatting, unlike the dashcam drive. And you don't need a "Music" folder, although it'll probably work with one - regular artist-album type folders with the song files inside them are the standard way that works. MP3, flac, AAC, and M4A files all supposedly work (and possibly some other formats), although my experience has been the only MP3 files work right - the player sometimes cuts off the ends of the other format files when playing them. Not all the time, but enough to be annoying.

Installed 2019.20.2.1 last night on my Model S. Previous version 2019.20.1 9973c22, only 9 days ago.

Literally no change in release notes - the only thing before “changes in previous releases” was the Dog Mode improvement to sent notice to the mobile app, and that same note was there in 20.1. No ELDA, nothing I can find in the settings.

Anyone with this release on S/X, please say so if you notice anything that has changed.

This release was pushed very quickly to almost everyone in the TeslaFi fleet. Assuming that is representative of whole Tesla fleet, I am curious as to why such a wide release so soon after the previous with minimal explicit content. Therefore I have to assume AP improvements and/or some infrastructure change that paves the way for something more visible.

I will give it an AP test of my favorite local corner cases, and report back anything I notice.

I received this update and it did not fix the "Cruise Control Unavailable" bug. Tesla knows about it, and attempted to push an update yesterday to fix it, but that didn't work either. I really hope that I get to use Autopilot soon..... :(

Fear not...

I get all sorts of weird messages about view obstructed, lane change not available etc etc, as I'm parking in my tight garage. Happens every single time without warning. I tune them out as it has to be something to do with the garage and tight parking etc etc. As soon as I reverse out, all is well again.

Yep same here. I noticed it happens more often when one of the cameras is staring at a blank wall. When I get close in in my garage, the entire frame of the front camera is filled with "white" wall - and then I will start getting warnings about various systems being unavailable. As soon as I've backed partway out of the garage, they all go away.

Not an actual issue - if you keep a hand on the wheel like you're supposed to, you never get any nags. I'm honestly astonished that people actually complain about the "nags" - I haven't gotten ANY in something like 9 months.

I'm happy this works for you but you should know this does not work for everyone. There are multiple threads on this forum alone about that. For instance, I've had AP2 since it came out and I still get nags frequently with my hand on the wheel. I guess the way I hold my hand that feels comfortable to me doesn't apply enough torque on the wheel to prevent the nags.

The work around I discovered a couple months ago, and it's been a game changer, is I use a nag defeat device (weight) on the steering wheel to prevent the nags even though I always keep my hand on the wheel when using autopilot. This allows me to go hours at a time with my hand resting comfortably on the wheel without seeing a single nag. However, without the defeat device I get nags every few minutes.

I know using a nag defeat device will be frowned upon but it works for me and I don't feel it's any less safe because my hand is always on the wheel, it's just a lot more comfortable and less annoying for me. If anything I would argue it's more safe because I'm not having to look down at the binnacle once a minute and I'm not being distracted constantly by nags.

Just trying to point out that it takes a while to get fluent in the way of autopilot.

It can take awhile or sometimes it never happens, like in my case. We're all made differently and for some of us resting comfortably just doesn't apply enough torque.