Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are you seeing any change in your total charge miles? I was always either 263 or 264 prior to 28.1 and now I am 260 for both charges since receiving 28.1.

A couple actually miles change, Yes. At 75% charge I was seeing 232mi on 27.4 now it shows 236mi on 28.1 :confused:

Is he talking about the iOS widget? Looking at the iOS widget does NOT wake up the car per other threads and my own experience.

Yeah iOS widget, I didn't think it did anything either, been using it without issue BEFORE my 28.1 update and it would just show a sleeping state or "last refreshed" if the app had not been accessed in hours.

Today the car / TeslaFi is acting more normal so we'll see how these things evolve with this and future software updates. :cool:

A couple actually miles change, Yes. At 75% charge I was seeing 232mi on 27.4 now it shows 236mi on 28.1 :confused:

Yeah iOS widget, I didn't think it did anything either, been using it without issue BEFORE my 28.1 update and it would just show a sleeping state or "last refreshed" if the app had not been accessed in hours.

Today the car / TeslaFi is acting more normal so we'll see how these things evolve with this and future software updates. :cool:

Wait lol...mine went the opposite way...mine went down after 28.1. Yours went up?

• Funny
Reactions: NJturtlePower
I was seeing 310 total charge miles on 24.x. But now I see 307 miles at “completely changed”
Same here....264 down to 260. Has nothing to do with the battery itself since it happened at that 28.1 update. I'm guessing they made a tweak to the capacity calculation. I'm not concerned; but I also posted this (you may not have seen it) and I'm glad to see others reporting the same.

Your question implies that would be unexpected. Actually battery capacity decreases the fastest in the first few months of use, then the rate of loss slows down.
To have this happen so precipitously right after a software update, and to a number of people, tells me that this was actually more likely the result of a change to the capacity calculation in the release than to the actual battery. I've emailed Tesla to ask if they can confirm a change since I went from 264 consistently to 260 consistently following the update. I doubt they will confirm the change; but I'm pretty comfortable that this is related more to software than to the actual battery capacity degrading.

To have this happen so precipitously right after a software update, and to a number of people, tells me that this was actually more likely the result of a change to the capacity calculation in the release than to the actual battery. I've emailed Tesla to ask if they can confirm a change since I went from 264 consistently to 260 consistently following the update. I doubt they will confirm the change; but I'm pretty comfortable that this is related more to software than to the actual battery capacity degrading.

Bingo!