Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable: TSLA Market Action

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking forward to the next MS/X rev, hope the improvements justify the removal of the referral bonus. Not that I will buy a MS/X for myself, but maybe we get to see cool stuff that will trickle down to the M3 eventually.

When do you think the next revision of S and X are due? Owner advisors in the Denver/Littleton stores said they received an email on 10/25 that they were to stop selling inventory S & X at the end of the week. Something about how they’d sold down the inventory low enough, and were going to use the remaining for test drives and service loaners. Now EV-CPO links are all dead.

This feels like a draw down before a refresh. Don’t most updates come in Q4, like the D and AP updates?

I can’t imagine Tesla let’s the Model 3 outclass the S & X in terms of at least computer speed / gen for very long.

In the past I’ve always thought that Q4 refreshes were designed to spur sales going into the year end to hit annual numbers as high as possible. Although, we’ve not had a Model 3 launch in the mix before, so I’m unsure how that is going to influence their decisions.

Perhaps with the slight delay in M3, they are going to pull in the refresh to spur end of year sales? I know they want to stay on a high growth rate path for YoY deliveries.

Ah, found a thread in here. Very interesting. I’ve been noticing the EV-CPO links getting very flaky. I’m trying to convince myself to get an X, but feel like the refresh is just around the corner.

https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/threads/rumor-tesla-pulling-all-inventory-on-thursday-10-26.100663/

I'm aware of the problem and working on a fix right now.

Something about how they’d sold down the inventory low enough, and were going to use the remaining for test drives and service loaners. Now EV-CPO links are all dead.

Yes, Tesla is actively targeting my site and denying click-throughs. Seems strange since I've helped them sell thousands of cars over the years.

I'm aware of the problem and working on a fix right now.

Yes, Tesla is actively targeting my site and denying click-throughs. Seems strange since I've helped them sell thousands of cars over the years.

Thanks HankLloydRight! That site is the best! I've referred probably 20 people to your site over the years. What's your feel for what's going on with the inventory, and the nature of the 10/26 company wide email?

10/26 email. Can you give some context here??

Sure, I was sitting with an Owner Adviser in Denver discussing inventory Xs on 10/25 (sorry, thought it was 10/26 earlier. It was Wednesday). He pulled out his laptop and told me that they had just received an email from corporate that as of 10/26 all inventory cars were going to be marked "not for sale", so if I wanted to lock in an inventory unit, I had to act fast. Edit: now that I think about it, "Company Wide" is the wrong term. The email probably just went to the stores / owner advisers.

As much as I love the company, my "aggressive salesman" radar starting going off, but then he flipped the laptop around and showed me. I didn't get to linger on it more than a few seconds, but I did see that text in the email, and it was from a tesla.com email address.

The link above is a thread discussing this same thing, the marking of inventory units as "not for sale". As the week wore on, there seemed to still be units showing up in EV-CPO. HankLloydRight mentioned above that his site has been targeted by Tesla, so I'm not sure how much of the instability of links is due to them and how much is Tesla actually removing inventory.

I bring all this up to discuss a potential S & X refresh that could be around the corner, stimulate Q4 demand (as they've done in the past) and make us all rich if we see it coming first! ;)

Sure, I was sitting with an Owner Adviser in Denver discussing inventory Xs on 10/25 (sorry, thought it was 10/26 earlier. It was Wednesday). He pulled out his laptop and told me that they had just received an email from corporate that as of 10/26 all inventory cars were going to be marked "not for sale", so if I wanted to lock in an inventory unit, I had to act fast. Edit: now that I think about it, "Company Wide" is the wrong term. The email probably just went to the stores / owner advisers.

As much as I love the company, my "aggressive salesman" radar starting going off, but then he flipped the laptop around and showed me. I didn't get to linger on it more than a few seconds, but I did see that text in the email, and it was from a tesla.com email address.

The link above is a thread discussing this same thing, the marking of inventory units as "not for sale". As the week wore on, there seemed to still be units showing up in EV-CPO. HankLloydRight mentioned above that his site has been targeted by Tesla, so I'm not sure how much of the instability of links is due to them and how much is Tesla actually removing inventory.

I bring all this up to discuss a potential S & X refresh that could be around the corner, stimulate Q4 demand (as they've done in the past) and make us all rich if we see it coming first! ;)
That would be super cool and will light a fire under the stock big time. Thanks!

If they are doing a refresh, why would they stop selling the inventory models instead of trying to clear them out?

F8DE2E1A-4CD1-479C-A8B1-4C470ADFA6A2.png
When I look into your eyes I can see a love restrained

Thanks HankLloydRight! That site is the best! I've referred probably 20 people to your site over the years. What's your feel for what's going on with the inventory, and the nature of the 10/26 company wide email?

First, for now, I've fixed the problem with the links not working.

I have no idea what's going on with inventory, really. Other than it seems like a lot of people are involved, and it's not very coordinated and/or methodical.

For instance, tonight Tesla has changed their website so if you are using a security plug-in to block all http referrers from being sent (like what Privacy Badger does for instance), their web site breaks. That's even unrelated to https://ev-cpo.com !!

I guess they don't want anyone, anywhere linking to their website that also doesn't send http referrer, which is a really bad idea and has been discouraged for a decade or now, since it's such a weak tool.

First, for now, I've fixed the problem with the links not working.

I have no idea what's going on with inventory, really. Other than it seems like a lot of people are involved, and it's not very coordinated and/or methodical.

For instance, tonight Tesla has changed their website so if you are using a security plug-in to block all http referrers from being sent (like what Privacy Badger does for instance), their web site breaks. That's even unrelated to https://ev-cpo.com !!

I guess they don't want anyone, anywhere linking to their website that also doesn't send http referrer, which is a really bad idea and has been discouraged for a decade or now, since it's such a weak tool.

Thanks Hank! While you're squashing bugs, can you look at the "Grey" not generating any matches with "Midnight Silver Metallic" for exterior?

Status
Not open for further replies.