Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable: TSLA Market Action

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Shorts are what they are, looking for small dips to make money on. In my opinion, the market has trouble valuing the new paradigm that tesla is presenting. That is why MS is PT is based on tesla mobility, since they can model that after lyft, uber and other ride sharing services (those models were made before to do this).

The tesla paradigm shift is EV but also with M3 a totally automated production, which does not exist so no model can be made to value it. The tesla paradigm shift includes energy storage-- but those models are based on old data of utilities and as battery prices fall, the model changes, rapidly. Modeling solar is hard to, as recent, in the past five years, other solar companies have all been hit with rapidly decreased prices (& presumably costs) and have not been successful. Modeling AI self driving cars or AI based services is hard, but recently some companies are paying $$$ to buy in to the tech. So that helps the model, and tells us that there is actually a value to an AI based service

So the venn diagram intersection of energy storage, solar, automated car production, and tech AI developed self driving cars presents a whole new vision, which the market has not seen future profits or value in--based on old or recent data and that such a paradigm shift in one company has not before been seen.

Still hoping to see spacex launched tesla satellites for separate wireless internet and possibly wireless energy transmission...

In the one month TrendTrader007 has managed my small portfolio this is the percentage of my returns. Although, he won't let me put any money in Ulta, I think it is clear he knows what he is doing. Yesterday I got a very clear picture of how much so, when he asked if I wanted to send over more funds at closing, and this AM I had made nearly 50 percent off of that call option. I know he's very grandiose, but I think he may just be a genius
I don't want to miss out on this once in a million opportunity, where do I send my check :).

@AnneBoleyn
Did you actually send TrendTrader007 money & he somehow is managing assets for you or did you give him access to your brokerage account?
In the one month TrendTrader007 has managed my small portfolio this is the percentage of my returns. Although, he won't let me put any money in Ulta, I think it is clear he knows what he is doing. Yesterday I got a very clear picture of how much so, when he asked if I wanted to send over more funds at closing, and this AM I had made nearly 50 percent off of that call option. I know he's very grandiose, but I think he may just be a genius

• Funny
Reactions: ggies07
Anne, please be careful. Many successful and unsuccessful investors and traders here. I bet I get at least 50 likes supporting my concern here. TT007 is an emotional trader who has a great personality but doesn't mean he's a successful money manager. Since he has so many millions - perhaps at least he can give you a guaranty to cover your loses should there be any.

Anne, please be careful. Many successful and unsuccessful investors and traders here. I bet I get at least 50 likes supporting my concern here. TT007 is an emotional trader who has a great personality but doesn't mean he's a successful money manager. Since he has so many millions - perhaps at least he can give you a guaranty to cover your loses should there be any.

I wasn't aware he has millions- wow, perhaps my efforts are better spent in other ways.....

I appreciate the words of caution, and I agree with the emotional component, but do think Tesla is a company worth being emotionally vested in. I am a girl not easily swayed by money, and care very little whether it's made or lost. I can always work another day, or start over.... I'm young, and probably naive- definitely poor.

@AnneBoleyn
Did you actually send TrendTrader007 money & he somehow is managing assets for you or did you give him access to your brokerage account?
Actually, I got one of those request in my email from him, asking to help him claim his Nigerian Princehood; so I sent my life savings in trust- with the promise of becoming a millionairess within one year... I've never even met the gentleman, but now I'm second guessing whether he's a prince at all!

Nothing against TrendTrader007, but he's using high risk, high return strategy that works great when it works. I've used it in the past to huge gains, and then almost got obliterated. Following picture doesn't even capture worst numbers as it has too few sample points, so doesn't show absolute min.

My strategy was very similar, although more extreme than 007. Please check these picture, plug your numbers and be careful. It's very likely very good time to be in TSLA righ now, but after pain I've been through, I feel need to warn people that have seen only the bright side.

Attaching also second graph of this same account from January (with different sample points), as it shows more clearly depth of portfolio loss I've experienced at one point, for consideration if you have nerves to go through something like that, if it happens...

rrsp apr2017.JPG
RRSP dec2014-jan2017.PNG

Last edited:
Another experience here similar to Zhelko, in a much shorter time frame.

My account value now vs right before16Q4 earnings is 40k lower... stock then was 280 and now is 302. I saw a -200k swing in between.

Options on volatile stocks at ATH are exciting but the down is usually faster than the up.

People tend to talk about their good experiences more than their bad. You're more likely to hear "my account is up .5m in one day!" than "I'm down 200k for the week and selling out cause I can't take it any more!".

Don't let other people's success get the better of you and get you to try and replicate it. People tend to brag about their success more than their failure.

Last edited:
but do think Tesla is a company worth being emotionally vested in
I agree with this. Many profess emotionless investing (hire-a-bot in my vernacular). I do better when I embrace and use the emotion instead. I doubt EM 'does Tesla' without emotion- I think that's exactly what drives the decisions--
That said, I would take to heart some of the cautionary tales offered here (I have some of my own). A long term unlevered stock position can have the same emotional gratification without the ulcers...
Welcome to the forum:)

Last edited:
I wasn't aware he has millions- wow, perhaps my efforts are better spent in other ways.....

I appreciate the words of caution, and I agree with the emotional component, but do think Tesla is a company worth being emotionally vested in. I am a girl not easily swayed by money, and care very little whether it's made or lost. I can always work another day, or start over.... I'm young, and probably naive- definitely poor.

Are you and 007 one and the same? Or Alter EGO? I am a girl not easily swayed by money, "and care very little whether it's made or lost. " -- the quote sounds very similar to what TT007 said in his video interview.

else more power to TT007 -- seems Bond always gets the girls :)

• Love
Reactions: TrendTrader007
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.