Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017.46 3387a54 is out

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Saw in another thread someone reported the autopilot warning nags have been reduced and/or its now counting auto lane change input and speed input as "acknowledgements" and therefore resulting in nags being spaced out more? Can anyone confirm?

If this feature had been there a month ago, I would not have totaled my S. More on that later.. sigh..

What about highway exits? Any experience w that? I've got a 700 mile trip to PA tomorrow that would really stink if I'm wrestling my car at every exit.

Great so far with exits. At Erie PA charging very slowly. Got down to 2 miles range. Refuses to Supercharge at normal speeds.

.46 has one big flaw. It thinks trucks are in your lane and brakes if they are a lane over.

Paint app has color palette now.

• Informative
Reactions: _jal_ and BigD0g
Saw in another thread someone reported the autopilot warning nags have been reduced and/or its now counting auto lane change input and speed input as "acknowledgements" and therefore resulting in nags being spaced out more? Can anyone confirm?

Saw that too. I have been on .46 for four days and the nagging is unchanged for me. Auto lane change seems to have regressed a bit. A little Ricky Bobby flavor has been added back into the process.

Sorry for your loss @mkjayakumar

• Funny
Reactions: Cirrus MS100D
That's it. I'm quitting TMC - or at least quitting writing actual words on TMC, I'll just post memes/gifs from now on!

Out of all the long posts I've made over three years, some with IMO actual merit, the one with only one word and one overused picture is the one that gets likes like this... ;) ;)

View attachment 261898

Didn't even make it 24 hours.

Does .46 improve AP at all? Make it worse? I'd like to get any improvements before a Thanksgiving road trip. I'd like to skip the update and stay with .42 if it is somehow worse or more of the same (just because I know .42 and it works fine and I'd rather not roll the dice before traveling).
In my experience there is a small improvement going from .42 to .46 which is what I did yesterday with my P100D

It seems to jerk less on initial engagement and hold lanes just a little better.

Reactions: Yuri_G
Drove .46 about 150 miles yesterday. I only go back to .34
If I'm not imagining it, I feel like the wheel vibration for the lane departure is a bit stronger. Usually I have to actually "feel" for it to notice it. Yesterday it called my attention.
The Nags do not seem to be any different at all from .44 The previous release also reset the timeout when adjusting cruise speed or lane changing.
Lane changing is absolutely different.. The actual lane change is smoother and initiates faster. But, there are times when it just refuses to change lanes. No cars around, nothing to cause it to cancel, but it just won't change. I'm pretty certain the lane markings were good. Lanes on both side were displayed, but the car acted as though I never even requested the change. Just kept moving along with the directional on..

The actual lane change is smoother and initiates faster. But, there are times when it just refuses to change lanes. No cars around, nothing to cause it to cancel, but it just won't change.
  • The actual lane change is smoother and initiates faster.
    • Smoother? When 75 mph+, I don't think so.
    • Faster? Agreed.
  • It just refuses to change lanes.
    • I have experienced the same, even prior to .46. When I initiate, then cancel and try to immediately initiate again, it's sometimes a no-go.
It seems to jerk less on initial engagement

I disagree with this. When engaging, if I am just a little too far left of center, the car will still dart strongly toward the right lane line with .46.​

It just refuses to change lanes.
  • I have experienced the same, even prior to .46. When I initiate, then cancel and try to immediately initiate again, it's sometimes a no-go.

Just experimented with the engage/disengage/engage auto lane change and it will not change lanes - not even one time in four tries. Maybe the computer thinks you are confused and figures it's best just to keep you in the lane that you're already in.

I just applied this update (2017.46) to my 2017 MS and now my Autopilot and TACC are completely disabled. The icons do not appear on the screen and when I pull on the level, I get an error message stating "Cruise not available." I did a two button reset with no effect. Everything else works.

Has anyone had this happen after applying this update?

The service center has initiated something that allows me to report the issue to them for review via the car. I will be doing that shortly.

Needless to say, I am not happy. I am on Autopilot 90% of the time in my daily driving.

Same thing happened to me yesterday. Powering off the car for a few minutes fixed it. Hasn't happened to me before 2017.46. I did a bug report while it was occurring and notified the service center.

AP can also be disabled if its icy, snowy, or under any other conditions when the front radar is disabled due to weather conditions. My Thanksgiving trip had a 12 hour ice storm/blizzard that disabled my AP for 25 minutes during a blizzard (I wouldn't have used AP anyways during the blizzard). The ice and water froze on the radar.