Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2015 model S 60 high volt battery repair

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My 2015 Model S 60 12v battery died and im sent the car for Tesla here in Orlando to replaced, but after almost one week, Tesla quote me $14k to replace a high volt battery, because the high volt broke a 12v battery!

My car has 91000 miles and the warranty expired 4 months ago!

Someone know where can i repair the battery in Florida ????

Electrified Garage is probably your only non-Tesla option. 2 Florida locations...Ocala and Dania Beach.

Next question is what do you plan to do post repair? Electrified Garage might be able to "fix" your HV pack....but....I don't believe that repair is anything close to permanent. I also don't believe that it's coming with any type of warranty at all. If you plan to keep your MS 60 paying the Tesla bill might be the better option unfortunately. It would come with a 4yr/50k warranty. It would stink to pay $5-6k for a 3rd party "fix" only to turn around shortly thereafter to "fix" it again. My 2014 60 is currently down having the Large Drive Unit replaced and your current situation is my BIGGEST fear. I'm already setting fire to $9k with the LDU replacement and if the HV battery were to go on my watch it'd be catastrophic to me personally. Sinking this $9k into it and then another $15k or so for a HV replacement on top of that should I keep it is something I DON'T want to think about!!! My HV battery seems to be in really good shape if the monitoring that I use is to be believed....but I'm aware that nobody knows when the HV battery will let go.

Last edited:
Upvote 0