Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2015 Blue Model S P 85 D, less than 700 miles - No Longer Available

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When was this vehicle ordered or purchased ?. if it was purchased before April, the cost of AutoPilot was $ 4,250. I can't believe TESLA would enable the feature for less than $ 4,250. That would be a loss for TESLA.

True that it cost $4,250 for the tech package then, but the tech package included hardware upgrades NOT related to Autopilot, such as a power lift gate, turn-by-turn navigation (I thought the used some added parts for this - also depends b/c they made turn-by-turn standard before ripping apart the tech pkg), auto extend/retract handles, door handle lights (I can't recall if this is rear-only and the front doors would have them anyways). I wouldn't be surprised if Tesla turns around and says it will be $4,250 to activate Autopilot on this car, but it is not a foregone conclusion that they will require that larger price tag to accomplish this.

the tech package included hardware upgrades NOT related to Autopilot.
Parking sensors and seat memory were a couple more. Evan, do the parking sensors work? Previous to ~Oct '14, you wouldn't get the hardware if you didn't order the sensors. That's why I ask. Otherwise, I don't think Tesla has been reversing the Tech Package, when it's been omitted.

Parking sensors and seat memory were a couple more. Evan, do the parking sensors work? Previous to ~Oct '14, you wouldn't get the hardware if you didn't order the sensors. That's why I ask. Otherwise, I don't think Tesla has been reversing the Tech Package, when it's been omitted.

Parking sensors, if the aren't already active, are installed though. So if they aren't active, they would become so once Autopilot is activated.

There are parking sensors that work. I do not know if there is different parking sensors with the autopilot but, if so, activating the autopilot will turn them on too.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok. Make sense. But then no power lift gate :(

auto extend/retract handles are currently active (and always gets a "cool" from guests).

Very simple, call Tesla and ask them if you can activate Auto-Pilot and for how much.

While you're at it, since most new cars are built with most of the features from the tech package anyway, see if they can upgrade that as well? And for how much?

I think you are going to have a really hard time moving this without the Tech Package. A S60 would have been different but at this end of the price scale it's hard to imagine someone will pay this kind of money for a used car without the Tech Package. Just for comparison I was offered nicely loaded P85Ds in the 105-110K range but with $10K of rebates it brings down the cost to about $95 for a well equipped inventory P85D.

As others have chimed in, this is a badly optioned car. You may not be able to move it at all without ether offering a substantial discount or somehow adding the Tech Package with Auto Pilot to the car. The sooner you do one of the two better as I have a feeling when the Model X hits later this year we'll actually start seeing CPO P85Ds.

Bump for a damn good price.... as always the internet experts have to chime in with their "you need to do this and that" to sell your car...:rolleyes:

From personal experience, EVERY SINGLE P85D inventory car that I looked it was RAGGED OUT... this guys price is a deal for an essentially brand new car.

Gosh, What a steal !!!.

I am not sure if I can live without the Air suspension and power lift gate. If it did, I am sure it would have been gone by now.

I called TESLA @ Denver, Colaroda and a person there explained to me AutoPilot cannot be enabled if this car was delivered before April. He did say all the hardware is there and the safety features such as Lane departure and Auto breaking would work. But few parts are missing for AutoPilot. But I am a little skeptical of his answer.

Last edited:
I think you are going to have a really hard time moving this without the Tech Package. A S60 would have been different but at this end of the price scale it's hard to imagine someone will pay this kind of money for a used car without the Tech Package. Just for comparison I was offered nicely loaded P85Ds in the 105-110K range but with $10K of rebates it brings down the cost to about $95 for a well equipped inventory P85D.

As others have chimed in, this is a badly optioned car. You may not be able to move it at all without ether offering a substantial discount or somehow adding the Tech Package with Auto Pilot to the car. The sooner you do one of the two better as I have a feeling when the Model X hits later this year we'll actually start seeing CPO P85Ds.

I thought Tech package was standard on this car.