Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2014 Tesla Model S P85D+ CPO AP1 FUSC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wrong... do you sell cars? Cause just googling is not going to give you the answer. So go do some real research and get back with updated info.
I assume the person he bought this car from had a loan thru a Tesla lender who are notorious for taking forever to get the title.
So yea please enlighten me with your expertise

Do you mean have I worked at a car dealership at a professional capacity at various positions across several years previously or have I sold enough cars privately over the decades to possibly require a dealer license myself? Either way, the answer to both is yes.

I haven't Googled a single thing (you should note that the copy/pasted reply was from another user who felt the need to support the correct information that is being challenged for no apparent reason by you) and I can tell you that you are 100% unequivocally wrong in telling him he can jump title legally. It's not a thing and your advice could screw up his life.

It doesn't matter who has what financed or how long it takes to get proper title work or how much money he's making or losing or if he even drives the car once or not. All of this is immaterial to the fact the he MUST pay sales tax on the amount he paid for the vehicle. Period.

There's nothing to debate in any state or any moon phase or during a pandemic or if it's a leap year or not. Stop trying to make it look like I'm a dummy and you're the smartest guy in the room because you're 100% wrong in telling him he can buy a vehicle and avoid registering it in his name, paying his proper sales tax, and then signing someone else's name on the title to avoid paying tax.

Worst case scenario if I'm wrong is the guy pays a few grand in sales tax he should have budgeting when buying a car anyway and avoiding prison. Worst case scenario if you're wrong is the guy gets charged with a serious crime and faces tens of thousands of dollars in fines and years or prison time. Is it worth it to you to risk this guy's future on such terrible advice?

What is it with people on this forum?

Do you mean have I worked at a car dealership at a professional capacity at various positions across several years previously or have I sold enough cars privately over the decades to possibly require a dealer license myself? Either way, the answer to both is yes.

I haven't Googled a single thing (you should note that the copy/pasted reply was from another user who felt the need to support the correct information that is being challenged for no apparent reason by you) and I can tell you that you are 100% unequivocally wrong in telling him he can jump title legally. It's not a thing and your advice could screw up his life.

It doesn't matter who has what financed or how long it takes to get proper title work or how much money he's making or losing or if he even drives the car once or not. All of this is immaterial to the fact the he MUST pay sales tax on the amount he paid for the vehicle. Period.

There's nothing to debate in any state or any moon phase or during a pandemic or if it's a leap year or not. Stop trying to make it look like I'm a dummy and you're the smartest guy in the room because you're 100% wrong in telling him he can buy a vehicle and avoid registering it in his name, paying his proper sales tax, and then signing someone else's name on the title to avoid paying tax.

Worst case scenario if I'm wrong is the guy pays a few grand in sales tax he should have budgeting when buying a car anyway and avoiding prison. Worst case scenario if you're wrong is the guy gets charged with a serious crime and faces tens of thousands of dollars in fines and years or prison time. Is it worth it to you to risk this guy's future on such terrible advice?

What is it with people on this forum?

You seem to not read very well. If the OP has the original seller make the bill of sale to the new buyer there is no title jumping. First off you must understand the reason the law was made in the first place. For the OP the law was not made for the sole purpose of his situation.
He didn’t receive the title for 10 weeks therefore was not able to use the car. Having the original seller make a bill of sale to the new seller gets rid of the title jumping assuming OP has not been using the vehicle nor crashed it etc. Also by doing so the new buyer will see that OP is not flipping the car too make money, instead as he stated he is losing money. Title jumping wasn’t created to be enforced for situations like these period. He’s is not hiding anything etc.
So let’s see what the OP says what happened when he sells the car. As far as ppl on here I should be asking you as you are clearly assuming someone you have never met has I’ll intentions. Hopefully the same happens to you so you can see what’s its like to be ostracized for no fing reason.

You seem to not read very well. If the OP has the original seller make the bill of sale to the new buyer there is no title jumping. First off you must understand the reason the law was made in the first place. For the OP the law was not made for the sole purpose of his situation.
He didn’t receive the title for 10 weeks therefore was not able to use the car. Having the original seller make a bill of sale to the new seller gets rid of the title jumping assuming OP has not been using the vehicle nor crashed it etc. Also by doing so the new buyer will see that OP is not flipping the car too make money, instead as he stated he is losing money. Title jumping wasn’t created to be enforced for situations like these period. He’s is not hiding anything etc.
So let’s see what the OP says what happened when he sells the car. As far as ppl on here I should be asking you as you are clearly assuming someone you have never met has I’ll intentions. Hopefully the same happens to you so you can see what’s its like to be ostracized for no fing reason.
*facepalm*
You seem to struggle with comprehension of very simple concepts.

As I already stated, it has NOTHING to do with if the seller makes money or loses money selling the car. Nothing. Now you're trying to make it seem like I'm accusing the seller of something to make my point when I did no such thing. I even stated already that it has nothing to do with his selling price.

I'm not sure I would take advice from someone who doesn't seem to understand the basic concept of sales tax. When you buy a fishing pole you pay tax on it. The government doesn't really care how much or if you ever even use the thing.

You tell me I can't read (another attempt to discredit my intelligence since you don't seem to have much else to go on here) and then go on to describe the definition of title jumping as your proof.

*double facepalm*

*facepalm*

As I already stated, it has NOTHING to do with if the seller makes money or loses money selling the car. Nothing. Now you're trying to make it seem like I'm accusing the seller of something to make my point when I did no such thing. I even stated already that it has nothing to do with his selling price.

I'm not sure I would take advice from someone who doesn't seem to understand the basic concept of sales tax. When you buy a fishing pole you pay tax on it. The government doesn't really care how much or if you ever even use the thing.

You tell me I can't read (another attempt to discredit my intelligence since you don't seem to have much else to go on here) and then go on to describe the definition of title jumping as your proof.

*double facepalm*

don’t forget the added fraudulent bill of sale

*facepalm*

*double facepalm*

Ok... you buy a Tesla and decide to return it after 2 weeks like they allow you too. You did own that car correct? But you returned it right? Do you not get the taxes you paid for it back?

You need to understand the whole premise of the law and why it was created

There are many states who don’t even charge taxes on private party sellers. So the fact of the matter was to deter a buyer hiding a potential salvage etc. It’s not solely based on taxes

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: Ostrichsak
Ok... you buy a Tesla and decide to return it after 2 weeks like they allow you too. You did own that car correct? But you returned it right? Do you not get the taxes you paid for it back?

You need to understand the whole premise of the law and why it was created

There are many states who don’t even charge taxes on private party sellers. So the fact of the matter was to deter a buyer hiding a potential salvage etc. It’s not solely based on taxes
Don't insult my intelligence by telling me what I "need to understand" when you struggle so obviously with basic concepts.

You described a return. Just like anything else you buy; when you return it, your tax is also refunded.

Is he returning the car to Tesla? No. He's not. Period. Your analogy doesn't apply. He bought something and is reselling it. Whether he does so to make a profit or a loss is irrelevant.

How hard of a concept is this for you to grasp?

• Disagree
Reactions: tyler2323
Don't insult my intelligence by telling me what I "need to understand" when you struggle so obviously with basic concepts.

You described a return. Just like anything else you buy; when you return it, your tax is also refunded.

Is he returning the car to Tesla? No. He's not. Period. Your analogy doesn't apply. He bought something and is reselling it. Whether he does so to make a profit or a loss is irrelevant.

How hard of a concept is this for you to grasp?
If the original seller writes a bill of sale to stating they sold the car to the 2nd buyer, that is fradulent. They sold the car to the 1st buyer.

All I can do is laugh cause I’ve done this in the MVD myself. So listening to 2 ppl with no experience is nothing less than humorous

• Disagree
All I can do is laugh cause I’ve done this in the MVD myself. So listening to 2 ppl with no experience is nothing less than humorous
No experience? Listen, it's one thing to be clueless and not know it but it's a special kind of stupid when multiple people point out you're wrong and rather than educate yourself to better yourself and learn from a mistake you just want to argue. Good luck going through life with that attitude. It will take you far. It would be humorous if it wasn't so sad.

No experience? Listen, it's one thing to be clueless and not know it but it's a special kind of stupid when multiple people point out you're wrong and rather than educate yourself to better yourself and learn from a mistake you just want to argue. Good luck going through life with that attitude. It will take you far. It would be humorous if it wasn't so sad.
Multiple meaning the troll who is wrong with everything he says on here. If we listened to him another member would have lost $5K selling his car lol. But hey if that’s the guy you want to make you feel legitimate go for it haha

Multiple meaning the troll who is wrong with everything he says on here. If we listened to him another member would have lost $5K selling his car lol. But hey if that’s the guy you want to make you feel legitimate go for it haha

I'm wrong with everything I say on here is probably not a stance one should announce in a thread where they suggested another member knowingly break the law.

I always find it humorous when an obvious troll is the first one to use the word troll.

Reactions: HankLloydRight
I'm wrong with everything I say on here is probably not a stance one should announce in a thread where they suggested another member knowingly break the law.

I always find it humorous when an obvious troll is the first one to use the word troll.

Actually unlike most members all I do is try to help other members. From selling their car to trying to do improvements etc. Can you say the same? I doubt it.
Here’s Robin’s great price analysis Batman

1711EBF3-7C07-4BEE-AD77-0F7CB6483A8A.jpeg

95344578-A7A4-447D-8E29-2CF8C9200507.jpeg

• Disagree
Actually unlike most members all I do is try to help other members. From selling their car to trying to do improvements etc. Can you say the same? I doubt it.
Here’s Robin’s great price analysis Batman

View attachment 537817
View attachment 537816
Uh.... wut?

I don't see your name or mine so.... how does this help your reputation and why did you just crap on this guys for sale thread to present it?

As for helping other members... all you're doing to "help" this seller is to potentially land them in prison. Wanting to help and having the proper knowledge to actually help are two entirely different things as evidenced by your posts in this thread. You could have "helped" much more by simply not posting in the first place given your obvious limited knowledge on the topic.

Uh.... wut?

I don't see your name or mine so.... how does this help your reputation and why did you just crap on this guys for sale thread to present it?

As for helping other members... all you're doing to "help" this seller is to potentially land them in prison. Wanting to help and having the proper knowledge to actually help are two entirely different things as evidenced by your posts in this thread. You could have "helped" much more by simply not posting in the first place given your obvious limited knowledge on the topic.
You crapped on his for sale thread long before and continued to do so. If you want too see how I helped just check for yourself. I’m not one who needs the attention nor cares. Like I said I like to help other members. If you wanted to do a facelift conversion to your S than I have provided step by step how to do so... including every tip possible to achieve success doing it. But I’m sure that’s probably out of your league regardless

You crapped on his for sale thread long before and continued to do so. If you want too see how I helped just check for yourself. I’m not one who needs the attention nor cares. Like I said I like to help other members. If you wanted to do a facelift conversion to your S than I have provided step by step how to do so... including every tip possible to achieve success doing it. But I’m sure that’s probably out of your league regardless
Wow, more assumptions about me personally based on zero fact. You're just batting a thousand here aren't you?

"I don't need attention." -the guy posting unsolicited/illegal advice and various other unrelated ramblings all while trying to distract everyone from the fact that he has no idea what he's talking about

Wow, more assumptions about me personally based on zero fact. You're just batting a thousand here aren't you?

"I don't need attention." -the guy posting unsolicited/illegal advice and various other unrelated ramblings all while trying to distract everyone from the fact that he has no idea what he's talking about

Yea just like you made the assumption that the OP was knowingly trying to break the law. So much so you had to post it twice in giant Capital Letters. Once again you’re way off as too the real reason they don’t want people to jump titles. You assume it has everything to do with taxes when in reality that is the least of their concerns.
Pretty sure you know about 1/10th of what I do when it comes to cars and even Tesla’s.
But please carry on and enlighten us some more with your impeccable knowledge