Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2014 Tesla Model S P85D+ CPO AP1 FUSC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2014 Tesla Model S P85D+ CPO AP1 FUSC

59.5K miles
Extremely clean inside and out.
No accidents, dents, scratches. A little curb rash. I might color the wheels Anthrite Grey next week. I already installed dark grey wheel caps and black lug nut caps to go with it. For interested buyers, I can get it inspected from Tesla if you are willing to pay for it.
CPO(preowned from Tesla)until June 20 2022 or 79,945 miles
Price: $46,999
19 inch wheels(90% thread) with V2 TPMS
2 sets of keys with keyfob covers
UNLIMITED Free Transferable Supercharging
UNLIMITED Premium Connectivity

100% range: lingers between 240 and 242. 4-5% degradation from new which is well within the acceptable range

Comes with the Gen 1 charger that can charge up to 40 amps as opposed to newer ones rhat are limited to 32 amps

Dec2014 build

Options(everything except rear facing jump seats and 21 inch wheels). $130K+ MSRP
Blue metallic paint

Front and Rear Black Next Generation seats.
Smart Air Suspension
Tech Package with Autopilot
Ultra High Fidelity Sound Package
Premium Interior Package
Subzero Package
Obeche wood gloss decor accents
Twin Chargers
Carbon Fiber Spoiler
Red Brake Calipers
Performance Plus suspension(Coming from BMW and Infiniti sports car background, this is a must for me). Makes your car feel like a true sports sedan. I drove several P100D loaners and they felt soft compared to this. Again, my opinion. This was only available between Oct 2014 and Apr 2015
MCU upgraded. 4G LTE included. MCU and IC are in good shape. No yellowing or bubbles.
All 4 door handles work like they should. They were replaced within the last couple of years
Supercharging speeds: have seen 125kw/405mph or a little higher a few weeks back(see photo). But comes down to 300mph mark after some time
"Insane" & "Insane +" Modes (0-60 in 3.2 seconds)

Cash or certified check. If certified check then pickup after check is cleared. Car is available for viewing for super serious buyers. We are Covid-19 free family with a baby on the way and I will take necessary precautions to protect my family and yours during the interaction. Willing to provide my linkedin profile and other details for potential buyers

Extras:
Center Console
Blackvue front and rear dashcams
Chrome Delete
3M Ceramic Tint
Ceramic coating
All weather floor mats

Reason for selling: let’s just say looking to unload some financial commitments during these uncertain times. We also have a 100D Model X and that suits our family better if we can keep only one. This is my favorite color Tesla of all time. I bought this just a couple of months back and the world turned upside down after that. Did not even transfer the title yet and was waiting for the title to arrive. Title in hand now and decided to sell. I want to list it before paying transferring the title(Pay taxes and add another owner to the history). My asking price is well with in the spectrum given the condition of the car. Not in a rush or desperation to sell the car. So please no low ballers. This is 8% less than what I paid not so long ago without factoring in the taxes I paid and I am a bargain shopper.

Since there will be price comparisons with Tesla used inventory, here are “my” opinions on why you should buy mine
  1. You can actually see the car. I can send you whatever pictures/videos you want before you come down to look/buy/ship
  2. Don’t have to pay $2K for shipping. Come down and drive back or ship for around $1000
  3. AP1 is enabled. For most of the P85Ds on Tesla site, it’s disabled(says Autopilot Hardware vs AP with convenience features). This is $3200 to be enabled
  4. Free Transferrable Supercharging for life. This can be invaluable to people who don’t have charging options other than a supercharger
  5. Free unlimited premium LTE connectivity. None of the Tesla new or old models have this. $500 savings for five years of ownership
  6. All the desirable options(Subzero, panoroof, hifi sound etc)
  7. $3000+ worth of extras
  8. Most importantly accident free. Previously repaired cars are marked down anywhere between $5K to $7K compared to clean history cars.
Please no price policing and/or opinions on price. I will keep it if I don’t get my asking price or lower it if necessary.

Thanks for checking out my ad.

4F4CF14F-C7D6-48EC-8DF0-870024C5EEAE.jpeg

4CC76F02-8910-4064-8B9D-07C4960A25BE.jpeg
4F4CF14F-C7D6-48EC-8DF0-870024C5EEAE.jpeg
DB96297F-8D77-461C-AE68-5463B2B0880B.jpeg
A5B1BA5C-0A12-430C-BB1D-AD21505D5751.jpeg
B4D5E42D-F0DB-40B4-9D8D-926542DC268C.jpeg
51A42000-49CA-4EF6-8EEC-13661BA22229.jpeg
FB00F2E9-78F1-4E43-A53C-76AEA467855A.jpeg
25ED8EA0-0353-4256-B90F-4B5D45A68126.jpeg
A503EBB0-4EDF-4430-B828-B76723158B31.jpeg

Last edited:
[snip]I want to list it before paying transferring the title(Pay taxes and add another owner to the history).[/snip]
What you're describing is a "Jump Title" and is highly illegal. I would NOT disclose this on a public forum and, if I were you, I'd reconsider even doing it. There could be potential tax and legal ramifications of what seems like a smooth way to save a few grand on not paying taxes you owe to the government. They tend to get cranky about such things.

Reactions: Draketurner
What you're describing is a "Jump Title" and is highly illegal. I would NOT disclose this on a public forum and, if I were you, I'd reconsider even doing it. There could be potential tax and legal ramifications of what seems like a smooth way to save a few grand on not paying taxes you owe to the government. They tend to get cranky about such things.

Thanks for pointing that out. I am not a dealer and I am not making money selling the car(actually losing some). But I wanted to disclose everything.

My plan is to list it for a couple of weeks and if it doesn’t sell, transfer the title and keep it.

Thanks for pointing that out. I am not a dealer and I am not making money selling the car(actually losing some). But I wanted to disclose everything.

My plan is to list it for a couple of weeks and if it doesn’t sell, transfer the title and keep it.
I'm not sure how to spell this out any more clearly so let me try again:

WHAT YOU'RE DOING IS HIGHLY ILLEGAL.

It doesn't matter if you're making money or losing money.

You need to understand that what you're doing is circumventing paying your taxes for your purchase and these offenses carry the threat of massive fines & long prison sentences. Playing ignorance won't work.

If you are somehow able to complete the transaction in the method you're trying you may even drag the buyer down with you.

Last edited:
LOWERING price to $44,999 and one hell of a deal. Rock bottom price. If it doesn’t sell at this price, my plan is to keep it and order some Arachnid wheels and keep it for a very long time

LOWERING price to $44,999 and one hell of a deal. Rock bottom price. If it doesn’t sell at this price, my plan is to keep it and order some Arachnid wheels and keep it for a very long time
Actually it’s not illegal unless you are a dealer or sell a lot of cars and don’t want to exceed the amount you’re allowed to sell per state. You can sell a car without it being registered to you. Just informing the buyer would keep it from being illegal. It’s not like it was already registered etc. I have sold cars before that were one owner and since I found another car instead I did the same thing. Did so at the mvd in fact. Just so the current buyer would have a one owner car still.

Actually it’s not illegal unless you are a dealer or sell a lot of cars and don’t want to exceed the amount you’re allowed to sell per state. You can sell a car without it being registered to you. Just informing the buyer would keep it from being illegal. It’s not like it was already registered etc. I have sold cars before that were one owner and since I found another car instead I did the same thing. Did so at the mvd in fact. Just so the current buyer would have a one owner car still.

that was my idea as well. But the post above makes it look like money heist :) :)

• Disagree
Reactions: Ostrichsak
Is Title jumping a felony?
Yes, Jumping Titles is a felony and it is also illegal in all 50 states except in certain cases such as when someone has passed away and the family or next of kin wishes to sell the vehicle. If you are caught Jumping or Skipping Vehicle Titles you will face Fines, Penalties, and Possible Jail Time.

Very recent. I would have transferred the title right away but title was delayed due to virus situation. When I finally got it we decided to sell it to unload some commitments

Than you should have no issue not paying taxes on a car you never used. If it was a yr later different story. Plus certain things will not transfer to the next owner that should if you put the title in your name. Contact the original seller and explain and have them due a bill of sale for the current buyer

• Disagree
Than you should have no issue not paying taxes on a car you never used. If it was a yr later different story. Plus certain things will not transfer to the next owner that should if you put the title in your name. Contact the original seller and explain and have them due a bill of sale for the current buyer

I already told the seller that a potential buyer may reach out to him if there are any questions.

100% wrong.

I'm not sure why you felt the need to volunteer a response arguing a post that was created in an attempt to protect the seller from unknowingly committing fraud. You clearly don't know what you're talking about and still chose to fire off a post such as you could land someone in lots of trouble if they took your advice.

In this specific case, it would seem that even if you felt you may possibly be right that not posting would be safer than posting and having the person selling the car take your advice and being wrong. Other than trying to make me look bad or trying to seem like the smartest person in the room I really don't understand the motivation to your post.

It isn't a "did you use it" tax it's a sales tax. He bought the vehicle. Regardless of how long he keeps it or what he sells it for or if he uses it he owes the tax on the purchase price. Simple as that. There is no gray area.

It isn't a "did you use it" tax it's a sales tax. He bought the vehicle. Regardless of how long he keeps it or what he sells it for or if he uses it he owes the tax on the purchase price. Simple as that. There is no gray area.
Wrong... do you sell cars? Cause just googling is not going to give you the answer. So go do some real research and get back with updated info.
I assume the person he bought this car from had a loan thru a Tesla lender who are notorious for taking forever to get the title.
So yea please enlighten me with your expertise

• Disagree