Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2014 Tesla Model S P85D+ CPO AP1 FUSC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yea just like you made the assumption that the OP was knowingly trying to break the law. So much so you had to post it twice in giant Capital Letters. Once again you’re way off as too the real reason they don’t want people to jump titles. You assume it has everything to do with taxes when in reality that is the least of their concerns.
Pretty sure you know about 1/10th of what I do when it comes to cars and even Tesla’s.
But please carry on and enlighten us some more with your impeccable knowledge
Based on what you've said across various posts, there's no way you know 90% more than I do about vehicles. Not sure why you're turning this into an ePeen contest. I guess you're just not tired of being wrong.

Quite the opposite actually. I was pretty sure that the OP didn't know that what he was doing wasn't right. That's why I made it a point to make sure he understood that I wasn't judging him personally but I wanted him to know what the laws were regarding what he was trying to do.

Man, you really are bad at this. You should really just quit while you're behind.

• Love
Reactions: HankLloydRight
12V battery replaced just now. Still available. Couple of leads and waiting for them to follow-up. Available as of now

9FF729EF-98E3-4202-8557-E927A1AD4F29.jpeg

Reactions: Draketurner
Based on what you've said across various posts, there's no way you know 90% more than I do about vehicles. Not sure why you're turning this into an ePeen contest. I guess you're just not tired of being wrong.

Quite the opposite actually. I was pretty sure that the OP didn't know that what he was doing wasn't right. That's why I made it a point to make sure he understood that I wasn't judging him personally but I wanted him to know what the laws were regarding what he was trying to do.

Man, you really are bad at this. You should really just quit while you're behind.

Man, you really are bad at this. You should really just quit while you're behind.[/QUOTE
(From unintelligible)

I remember you saying the same thing about the gen1 Mobile chargers “connectors” lol vs gen 2 and had to put you in your place with that. Since you had no clue the technology differences between the two and don't know much about Tesla’s clearly. I can promise you that whatever you think you know or try too convince yourself is extremely limited. Especially when it comes to selling cars or know anything of adequate knowledge about Tesla’s in general. Talk to me when you actually know how to work on them, etc. Also please enlighten me about selling cars as I have been doing it without and without dealers for years. You realize for the longest time the lender Tesla used when financing thru them was a bank that was actually based in Canada but had banks in the states as well. Because of this... (I don’t expect to too have any knowledge or experience cuz I’m sure you probably only have owned one Tesla), it can take several months to receive the title(took 3 months for one I bought). Cause of this you can easily move the title without paying taxes cuz you never got to use the car and have every right too, especially if a financial emergency occurred or have a relocation of residency during the wait, etc. To just put a definitive broad spectrum about laws is a clear sign you don’t understand there are always exceptions. You seem too believe you know a lot more than you do and I know you probably have zero experience working on them. Talk to me we spend the time to really learn about topics you probably shouldn’t be chiming in on. I can only prove you wrong so many times just like I told a P85D can accelerate as fast as a P100D 0-30mph cuz I actually test time these cars thousands of times.
You’re also the same person who thought having a car without a clean title wasn't that big of a deal when selling it. LOL, that tells me you have zero experience selling cars cuz even the most unexperienced seller knows just minor damage will basically make it impossible to sale. Unless of course you drop it around 10%-20% of the actual price.
Once again just quit cuz you’re always going behind cuz you lack the knowledge and experience of actually going through these examples. Googling it and coming to the presumptive conclusion that you have, is exactly why lawyers get paid millions of dollars getting guilty people acquitted of real crimes. Impossible to teach someone that doesn’t understand how the world works. There are always exceptions, loop holes etc, and don’t think there isn’t cuz there is. You just need to apply yourself and stop reading google searches and go experience it firsthand. Than you can try to tell me... when I have done it that it’s not possible. I did it inside the DMV BTW! So thanks for your input but stay in your lane.

• Disagree
Reactions: Ostrichsak
Man, you really are bad at this. You should really just quit while you're behind.[/QUOTE
(From unintelligible)

I remember you saying the same thing about the gen1 Mobile chargers “connectors” lol vs gen 2 and had to put you in your place with that. Since you had no clue the technology differences between the two and don't know much about Tesla’s clearly. I can promise you that whatever you think you know or try too convince yourself is extremely limited. Especially when it comes to selling cars or know anything of adequate knowledge about Tesla’s in general. Talk to me when you actually know how to work on them, etc. Also please enlighten me about selling cars as I have been doing it without and without dealers for years. You realize for the longest time the lender Tesla used when financing thru them was a bank that was actually based in Canada but had banks in the states as well. Because of this... (I don’t expect to too have any knowledge or experience cuz I’m sure you probably only have owned one Tesla), it can take several months to receive the title(took 3 months for one I bought). Cause of this you can easily move the title without paying taxes cuz you never got to use the car and have every right too, especially if a financial emergency occurred or have a relocation of residency during the wait, etc. To just put a definitive broad spectrum about laws is a clear sign you don’t understand there are always exceptions. You seem too believe you know a lot more than you do and I know you probably have zero experience working on them. Talk to me we spend the time to really learn about topics you probably shouldn’t be chiming in on. I can only prove you wrong so many times just like I told a P85D can accelerate as fast as a P100D 0-30mph cuz I actually test time these cars thousands of times.
You’re also the same person who thought having a car without a clean title wasn't that big of a deal when selling it. LOL, that tells me you have zero experience selling cars cuz even the most unexperienced seller knows just minor damage will basically make it impossible to sale. Unless of course you drop it around 10%-20% of the actual price.
Once again just quit cuz you’re always going behind cuz you lack the knowledge and experience of actually going through these examples. Googling it and coming to the presumptive conclusion that you have, is exactly why lawyers get paid millions of dollars getting guilty people acquitted of real crimes. Impossible to teach someone that doesn’t understand how the world works. There are always exceptions, loop holes etc, and don’t think there isn’t cuz there is. You just need to apply yourself and stop reading google searches and go experience it firsthand. Than you can try to tell me... when I have done it that it’s not possible. I did it inside the DMV BTW! So thanks for your input but stay in your lane.

Nice word wall wrought with slang, incomplete thoughts and made easy to process through the random & chaotic application of punctuation. When trying to convince everyone that you know more than someone else it's best to at least type at a 5th grade level. Makes it a bit more believable before you can even get to the actual concepts you're trying to convey. You could be explaining to us all how to cure cancer but when you use the word "cuz" seven times I don't believe you have any idea what you're talking about. I digress. We'll just call that strike one.

You prove your inability to comprehend and retain knowledge as you clearly are confusing me with someone else in this post... maybe several people. Don't know. Don't care.

I've probably only owned one Tesla? Wrong. I've now owned a total of four of them to include owning three currently. These include a 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016.5 with trim ranging from 60 RWD, 70D, 90D and P85D. I wouldn't say that I know-it-all about Model S cars but if I can't at least say I have an idea from owning that range of different vehicles then you must look down your nose at a LOT of car owners. I assure you I never got in a pissing contest about the P85D versus a P100D so I'm not sure where that even came from. Was I trying to say that the car I owned was slower or something? Not sure how I benefited from saying that the car I owned was slower from 0-30? To what benefit of mine would winning that argument serve? I've spent plenty of time in both vehicles in question to know that the grin factor when launching is roughly the same so I have no idea where that came from. I've also posted several times of my experiences with Tesla trying to get title work and having the first one we bought take over six months so I have some experience with that topic you mention as well. Strike two.

As far as buying and selling cars, I took a minute to try to think of just how many vehicles of all types I've bought and sold especially when I was doing it as a profession and I just can't. The figure is deep in the hundreds possibly approaching a thousand. In my personal life where vehicle collecting was a hobby this figure too is in the triple digits. Fixing, rebuilding and endlessly modifying all types of vehicles was my primary hobby and I always did ALL of my work & maintenance from the time I was a teenager dreaming of exotic sports cars and working towards the goal of owning them. Saying I have no experience to draw from makes you look stupid. I've forgot more about wrenching than you'll ever know. Strike three.

You then go into depth about how little I know about financing and lending... lol... I was in banking for several years. So.. yeah, I've got that base covered as well. based on years of experience I have a better idea of how this process works than the average person. So much so that I don't finance my cars and buy them outright. Several people in other threads wanted to have a heated debate with me about how car loans at low interest rates so you could play the stock market was good financial advice. This was at the peak of the stock market of course when it seemed like it couldn't do anything but succeed and their companies were prosperous so a downturn wasn't even on their radar. Now, months later, I don't hear them singing the praises of leveraging their credit to the hilt and just assuming that everything would be fine and they'd be able to make monthly payments. Crickets. As for me, no change. I have no payments and no stress in these uncertain times other than health and loved ones and this was EXACTLY what I was trying to convey to the young 'uns who hadn't yet experienced this sort of economic disaster. That's a story for another thread though I guess. Strike four.

Back to your stupid post.

You like to follow me around on here and try to point out anything you think you can use to discredit me trying to make me look bad. I posted in a non-aggressive way to try to help someone else who may not know what they were doing was illegal to ZERO benefit of myself. I do that quite a bit around here with trying to help others and as a result people like you who have no life take umbrage to my very existence. Not sure why. It's just how trolls like you are wired I suppose. You go around trying to stir the proverbial pot and even if you are presenting correct information you're just a jerk with how you do it trying to get a rise out of someone. I don't stress too much about it because I just imagine how pitiful your existence is to be so infatuated with me that you follow my every move on the world wide web chomping at the bit to take me down a peg. Strike... five? Are we even keeping track anymore?

How'd that work out for you Mr. Banned? I guess you really should have just quit while you were behind. At least one piece of the free advice I was offering proved prophetic.

To the OP in an effort to get this thread back on track:

You've got two options here the way I see it. You can err on the side of caution and not doing prison time and follow the proper channels to sell your car. Sure it may take a little bit more effort and you may be out the sales tax that you should have already been considering before you bought the car in the first place. Or, option two, you can listen to someone who types at a fourth grade level and makes it a hobby to follow strangers around on the internet like a lost puppy trying to prove he knows more than them by risking absolutely nothing suggesting you risk prison time to save a couple hundred/grand on a $50k transaction. If you choose the former I'd probably advise starting a new thread, leaving out the bit that sparked all of this heated debate and work on processing it properly behind the scenes to avoid prison time. If you choose the latter, I would start by not announcing it on a public internet forum and keep it between you and the buyer and if you both know what you're opening yourself up to and still choose to go down that path that's on you. Just don't try to fool a potential buyer into unknowingly opening themselves to legal problems to save you from paying the sales tax as that would be unscrupulous. Again, I never suggested that's what your intention was nor do I care if you make or lose money on this transaction... just like the government in that respect.

Up to you. Good luck whatever you choose. Looks like a nice car.

Reactions: kwoo4424
Car no longer for sale. Some members of this forum never cease to amaze me.
It's sad that forum admin is either unwilling or unable to do something about the trolls who make the Marketplace specifically an unwelcome place for people to post their for sale items in. This is the first vehicle forum across multiple decades I've frequented (and moderated) that allows such disrespect to run rampant in their Marketplace subforum.