Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

12.1.2 improved Stereo?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m sorry to start a music thread again, but I’ve read for months all the issues with speakers......never had an issue with mine, always sounded great.

I got 12.1.2 last night, went out today, my stereo is noticeably better....bass is rocking, everything sounds way better. I’m listening through my iPhoneX with preloaded music.

Am I dreaming.....did anyone else notice a difference?

If you just happened to switch from Tesla/Slacker before the update to playing a premium / paid streaming service like Pandora One or Apple Music via phone after update, it can sound noticeably better —I think due to higher quality / bigger data rate. Not sure if this happened, but that could explain it.

I didn't see any difference, but it was quite great before and after :)

Only issue I had was the stereo cut out completely (no audio at all) a few months ago, but I “fixed” with a two thumbs re-boot, and fine ever since. I called Tesla Service and they seemed very interested in all the details, and followed up —so this seemed like a priority issue for them.

You wouldn't be “dreaming” per se if only placebo effect— that is a very powerful phenomenon. I read a book about this recently called “You are the Placebo” in case anyones curious ( more about positive beliefs, but it shows how a placebo makes people believe and that makes some amazing real things happen).

Lastly maybe the update did fix an issue that affected cars with some part or firmware fir a part only in some vehicles, and it fixed/updated yours! Possible, for sure. You can imagine that Tesla (and only Tesla) would get all kinds of scrutiny in media for anything they could say was wrong as evidenced by Tesla’s fix, so they may not publish every bug fix that isn't widespread and common knowledge—better for them to keep it about new features that sell cars.

Either way, its quite cool when your enjoying great sound in a Tesla. I love it personally too.

Ok drove 3 hrs with my wife and one of my sons today, who hasn’t been in the car in three months. They both commented that it sounds much better. Honestly, I’ve read the posts here going back to November about stereo issues and never noticed any change on my car.....but it is without a doubt more punchy now, that’s a good word for it.

Anyhow.....it was always great, now it’s awesome.

If it's a placebo effect, it's got me pretty good. The stereo in my SR+has disappointed me from the beginning, but after updating the 12.1.1 I noticed a significant improvement. I still wouldn't call it great, but noticeably better. Of course your premium system is going to sound a lot better than mine, but perhaps they adjusted the audio tuning with the new firmware.

If it's a placebo effect, it's got me pretty good. The stereo in my SR+has disappointed me from the beginning, but after updating the 12.1.1 I noticed a significant improvement. I still wouldn't call it great, but noticeably better. Of course your premium system is going to sound a lot better than mine, but perhaps they adjusted the audio tuning with the new firmware.

Yep, definitely not placebo....