Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

100D Buyers/Owners

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
HappyHappy looks to be correct.
However, verygreen could be a super edge case given you converted your 90D order over to 100D before and after Jan 15. You may have a unicorn 100D that has transferrable FUSC?

It is a unicorn. 100Ds were not supposed to obtain FUSC as the price book locked them out from being ordered before the model was released, which was after the FUSC discontinuation deadline. Maybe the 90D change up (vs a 100d change up) or a delayed delivery or other oddity contributed to it.

I refer to mine as a frankenstein :eek: as it was also after deadline but arrived with FUSC, perforated seats and matte backs on the front row seats. But I love the everything about the little monster.

It is a unicorn. 100Ds were not supposed to obtain FUSC as the price book locked them out from being ordered before the model was released, which was after the FUSC discontinuation deadline. Maybe the 90D change up (vs a 100d change up) or a delayed delivery or other oddity contributed to it.

I refer to mine as a frankenstein :eek: as it was also after deadline but arrived with FUSC, perforated seats and matte backs on the front row seats. But I love the everything about the little monster.

Wow, wonder what the cutoff was. I originally ordered X75D on dec 26, 2016, then paid change fee to switch to X100D. For me, mytesla now says free supercharging but no transferability. No intention of selling any time soon, so I'm happy either way.

Well, I just pressed refresh in mytesla and... the wording is changed now, will not retain FSC when selling.
"pray I don't alter the deal further" much?

So what was that "won't pass to new owners" wording in the email people saw? I certainly don't see anything in my email, anybody can quote?

Well, I just pressed refresh in mytesla and... the wording is changed now, will not retain FSC when selling.

So what was that "won't pass to new owners" wording in the email people saw? I certainly don't see anything in my email, anybody can quote?
The email does not say anything about the new owners, just My Tesla reference that the FUSC will not transfer when you sell your car.

Well, I just pressed refresh in mytesla and... the wording is changed now, will not retain FSC when selling. So what was that "won't pass to new owners" wording in the email people saw? I certainly don't see anything in my email, anybody can quote?

Each of my cars say this:
Supercharging
You have free, unlimited Supercharging, including your current Tesla and any new Model S or Model X you purchase. If you choose to sell your current Tesla, free Supercharging will transfer to the next owner. In addition, up to five friends you refer will also receive free Supercharging. Read our Supercharging terms.

Each of my cars say this:
Supercharging
You have free, unlimited Supercharging, including your current Tesla and any new Model S or Model X you purchase. If you choose to sell your current Tesla, free Supercharging will transfer to the next owner. In addition, up to five friends you refer will also receive free Supercharging. Read our Supercharging terms.
That's what mine said, and then it changed. When was the last time you pressed "refresh" on that page?
I noticed there's a new wording that was not there before added too: "Any Supercharging payments made have been automatically refunded".

That's what mine said, and then it changed. When was the last time you pressed "refresh" on that page?
I noticed there's a new wording that was not there before added too: "Any Supercharging payments made have been automatically refunded".

My 100D My Tesla message also said it was transferable yesterday but not transferable today. Fair enough. The guys that stuck with 90D's desrve a little better resale value.

Did your cars qualify for the free supercharging, i.e. ordered by Jan 15, delivered by April 15? With no change to a 100D? If that's the case, I think those cars continue to have free supercharging that transfers to successive owners.

One was covered well in advance and the other a bit of a frakenstein in its delivery timing and upbuild to P100D. No matter to me if they don't allow FUSC to follow, since they'll get it back themselves anyway as a trade but for now they show the same.

Does anyone know if I put in my order mid-April, and will not have delivery of my X until June, do I get FUSC under the new rules?
Not sure where to check on My Tesla page that states if I do or not...
As of today it appears that if you use someone's referral code to place your order, you will get FUSC for that the length of the ownership of that car, but once you sell it, neither you nor the new owner will have FUSC (of course, contingent Tesla rules at that time)

If someone who has not owned a Model S or X before buys one with a referral code, they receive supercharging on that specific vehicle during their ownership. Do they also receive the benefit of free supercharging on any future Model S or X vehicles they purchase?

I swear, I didn't say anything to Tesla!

But yea, I also ordered prior to Dec 31, then paid the change fee to get the 100D. So I would also be in any edge case. Oh well. Have to let those 90D's have some consolation prize.

If someone who has not owned a Model S or X before buys one with a referral code, they receive supercharging on that specific vehicle during their ownership. Do they also receive the benefit of free supercharging on any future Model S or X vehicles they purchase?
Based on how the current referral program is written, the dont - FUSC just for the the ownership of that car