Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

“Necessary” vs “Nice-to-Have” Interior Accessories

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Taking delivery of our Model Y on Wednesday. These are the things I have to install immediately upon delivery.

YITAMOTOR Floor Mats
Spigen Mobile Charging Cable Organizer:
Spigen: Matte/Anti Fingerprint Touchscreen Protector
Spigen: Hidden Armrest Storage
Spigen: Center Console Organization Tray

GYEON Ceramic Coat Interior (white seats)
You should add (front) mudflaps to your list.

Having Apple CarPlay in the center infotainment could be nice. If interested here's an open source solution, Tesla-android, that I've been using for a few months and really like. There are commercial ones too. But I like open source.

Tesla-Android looks interesting. Youtube demo video looks like it's a bit lagging. How is it in real life? Does Waze work on it?

Great call out. It is on my list, however I have a message out to our SA, I had heard some may get PPF and Mudflaps because of our region?

If we don’t, is this something I can purchase at our Delivery center? Or should I order from tesla just in case?
Order online from Tesla, Amazon or other supplier. The Tesla front mudflaps install in minutes. You only need a rag and a small flat blade screwdriver or clip removal tool to pop out the existing clips. A flashlight may help you to see where the clips go.

Reactions: Killer Junior
No need to purchase OEM then?
No; there are more than a dozen suppliers, mostly off shore, for Tesla Model 3, Model Y accessories. Mud flaps are one of the most common aftermarket accessories. There is a thread on TMC that has over 500 entries, just for the different mud flap options. Some want front and rear; some want shorty mud flaps; some want mud flaps that bend and flex when encountering snow drifts. You can spend days investigating mud flaps for the Model Y.

Tesla-Android looks interesting. Youtube demo video looks like it's a bit lagging. How is it in real life? Does Waze work on it?
Not very laggy at all. Totally usable. If you try it out right now, I suggest using the last release from 2022 (2022.45.1) as the newer 2023 releases have some annoying bugs being ironed out. The older 2022 release is great for CarPlay anyhow & a great intro. Check out the Reddit community and twitter to keep up with info.
Waze works via apple CarPlay people say. I use Apple Maps. Pretty soon you can use the android os version of Waze instead of the dumbed down CarPlay version.