Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hotel/Airport parking in Texas with Charging Stations

Roadster #1144 + Sig 114 dsm363's Avatar

Hotel/Airport parking in Texas with Charging Stations

Here's a thread to collect all the hotels, resorts and Bed and Breakfasts with with charging stations/ESVEs in Texas

Note: This will obviously be an incomplete and probably not the most up to date list and people should call the hotel to make sure they have the stations there and that they actually work. It's mainly a starting place for people to look.

Austin:

Hilton Austin is working on getting one but isn't working at the moment

Dallas:

Courtyard Dallas Plano Parkway at Preston Road

Hotel Palomar Dallas
    I can personally verify the chargers at the Hotel Palomar in Dallas as of early 2012 (J1772 chargers x 2 at 30A which are both Blink stations but the hotel should have the card to access them. Best to call and verify as when I got there, they had never used them before and had to wait 2 hours for them to activate their cards. It worked after that.)
    Also has a Tesla HPC verified 8/18/12 by W.Petefish

Hotel ZaZa Dallas
    Hotel ZaZa Dallas, TX | Electric Car Stations
    Last edited by dsm363; 2012-11-23 at 05:39 PM.

S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13 jerry33's Avatar
    I'm actually more interested in the Bed and Breakfasts with ESVEs than I am in hotels and motels.
    1. Do not copy anything that I post outside of the TMC forum without permission.
    2. Any advice or opinions posted here are to be taken as my personal opinions only. There is no implied warranty, fitness for purpose, or official statements from any company I may have been or am affiliated with.
    3. Even the best recommendations are wrong when used inappropriately.

Quote Originally Posted by jerry33 View Post
    I'm actually more interested in the Bed and Breakfasts with ESVEs than I am in hotels and motels.
    Good idea. We can include those as well.

Blog Entries
    Worth noting that Marriott (like many hotel chains) actually have local owners and operate like a franchise. That means you sometimes find NEMA 14-50 outlets or similar rather than official charge stations.

Quote Originally Posted by dsm363 View Post
    Hotel Palomar Dallas
    I can personally verify the chargers at the Hotel Palomar in Dallas as of early 2012 (J1772 chargers x 2 at 30A which are both Blink stations but the hotel should have the card to access them. Best to call and verify as when I got there, they had never used them before and had to wait 2 hours for them to activate their cards. It worked after that.)
    They also have a HPC now. Verified on 8/18 as I was helping the TM personel plug in the 4 Model S that were here.
    If it is worth doing, it is worth OVER doing. - Mythbusters

Debunking Pseudoscience is fun!

Arctic White Roadster 2.5 #1200, S Sig Performance Vin# 227, HAM: KF5WDB

Quote Originally Posted by W.Petefish View Post
    They also have a HPC now. Verified on 8/18 as I was helping the TM personel plug in the 4 Model S that were here.
    Awesome. A Roadster HPC? Did someone donate it? That will really make visiting there much easier. They said they wanted to be the premiere EV hotel in Dallas after I had trouble getting the chargers to work there at 10PM when I got there with almost no charge left and they followed through. They were very nice about the whole thing and people should definitely give them business for supporting EVs.
    Last edited by dsm363; 2012-08-27 at 10:38 AM.

Yes, Roadster HPC. Installed, from what I've heard, expressly for the Dallas stop of the Get Amped Tour.
    If it is worth doing, it is worth OVER doing. - Mythbusters

Debunking Pseudoscience is fun!

Arctic White Roadster 2.5 #1200, S Sig Performance Vin# 227, HAM: KF5WDB

RoadsterS753 ModelS P1449 garry753's Avatar
    My understanding is that the Westin Element has J1772 charging, but I have not personally confirmed this.

I will be at the Hilton Austin wkend of Sept 7-9, 2012, and will report on what I found there. !! I cant wait to cruise to Austin and charge and come back.
    Model S Performance
    P03217

Quote Originally Posted by gkalexdc View Post
    I will be at the Hilton Austin wkend of Sept 7-9, 2012, and will report on what I found there. !! I cant wait to cruise to Austin and charge and come back.
    Well, I went, and the Hotel has a Chargepoint (1). Supposedly it is free, and I know that when I had my LEAF that at Chargepoint places like Whole Foods, the place of installation can make the charger FREE to whomever plugs in there. I asked the Front Desk, and parking is not free, $27 for Valet, and $20 for self park, per day, and the charger is "free" part of the parking fee.

Also, I saw a neon green Roadster there, in Valet, but couldnt get near it, just saw it on the way down the parking garage to my level. ( I drove the Range Rover from Houston)
    Also, there was a midnite blue 2010 there, vin 932. I just saw that it was advertised in Hemmings as a consignment for the Austin Hill Classic auction that is at the Palmer Convention center Sept. 15, 2010 in Austin. Just FYI !!!
    Model S Performance
    P03217

Thread Information