149 26.65%
  • Forget seat 5, give me more in the back

107 19.14%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 57 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread: Opportunity Console - New Photos, Poll

Model S VIN P01536 Robert.Boston's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by onlinespending View Post
    Even Bonnie is mentioning 6 pages of off topic conversation when her post was on page 11. Something seems amiss!
    Depends on how many posts-per-page you've selected in your forum options.

Head Moderator / Administrator doug's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NigelM View Post
    I'd love to see that in the CF if anyone has found a pic?
    It's pic # 16/69 in the gallery that gg linked to: Tesla Model S drive - Engadget Galleries

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by doug View Post
    It's pic # 16/69 in the gallery that gg linked to: Tesla Model S drive - Engadget Galleries
    Thanks. Nice look, but the pattern seems to be running the opposite way to the dash and the armrest:

Name:  Untitled.jpg
Views: 1258
Size:  99.3 KB

Blog Entries
    From the Tesla Forums:

michaelwm | JUNE 23, 2012

I just got back from a test drive in a car without the rear cup holders. The rep I drove with said the Engadget photos were of an insert that could be offered as part of the opportunity console

Just more nickel and diming, frankly. We have to pay extra for rear cupholders?!?!?!? Yawn...
    P85 VIN55228. Black and tan w/ Carbon Fiber decor, spoiler, coils, Pano, Reus audio (To be installed), 20" Avant Garde M310s (Matte Black), tech, parking sensors, premium lighting.
    (Original Model S, now in hEaVen: VIN 1653, S85, Dolphin Gray)

So looking at the first few pictures of the prototypes being shown can't say I'm excited about the level of creativity and thought that went into these.

1) Rear seat drop in that features a storage areas and cup holders; at least it is functional and more or less fits style wise. Not sure why the rear seat could not just offer this as a fold out, lots of manufacurers do this and quickly provides the option to use of not it. Anyway it looks like it would be an expensive option to get 2 cup holders in the back seat which really should just be standard (in door, center set foldout, center console fold out... Sorry but someone wasn't thinking when they designed the rear seating area, ex no backseat pockets for storage)

2) insert sitting on the floow under the 17 inch screen that looks to have 2 cup holders; ugh, really?

I'll wait for more feedback and some official photos/explanations on functionality but so far I am not thrilled with the prototypes presented. My current feedback for Tesla.

1) Take your time and rework the back seating area to provide intelligent, integrate storage options for the things people in a back seat are likely to be doing.
    2)Come up with a more compelling center console please, not all of us have a bag that needs a large area to throw it on the floor. Again it appears it is something that needs some additional iterations and thought, take the time and get it right, as an option it can come out at some later date after, once you have been able to put the right people on the task flow analysis and design.

That said even without any of the above I still expect to move forward with my model s purchase, just want this product to be best in the world in all aspects so that you'll need to run shifts day and night.

Roadster #1144 + Sig 114 dsm363's Avatar
    Any significant storage options/changes will likely have to wait until the interior gets revised down the road. The rear insert with cup holders should hopefully be easy to remove if you go somewhere and need seating for five.

I just took this picture today:
    Name:  opcon.jpg
Views: 999
Size:  45.1 KB
    (one of the "Get Amped" tour cars.)
    Moderator - Roadster, and Future Cars forums

Model S VIN P01536 Robert.Boston's Avatar
    The rear-seat unit looks very useful. While I agree that it merely provides functionality that ought to have been built in, it is a substantial improvement over the Spartan storage-free basic design.

I'm not clear what elements of the front are part of the "Opportunity Console" and what are now standard equipment. The shelf beneath the 17" screen is great. The inset-matched liner and cupholder doesn't do much for me. The cupholders appear to have no way to adapt to various size cups -- how will things stay put? Despite the plastic ridges on the liner, this insert looks very prone to scuffing; the carpet of the original seems wiser.
    Last edited by Robert.Boston; 2012-06-23 at 06:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TEG View Post
    I just took this picture today
    I'd like to see that space subdivided a little bit, just some ridges. A spot for my wallet, a spot for my parking card key. Is there a spot for the key fob? I don't like having things in my jean pockets when I drive.

Thread Information