149 26.65%
  • Forget seat 5, give me more in the back

107 19.14%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 57 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: Opportunity Console - New Photos, Poll

Blog Entries

Opportunity Console - New Photos, Poll

This weekend Tesla will be displaying the first prototypes of the "Opportunity Console" elements for us to see. These are not yet finalized, so they're looking for our feedback and suggestions.

The prototypes we will be showing this weekend are not for sale, but we’re coming to you, our customer, to get your input so we can give you the functionality that is most important to you. After your test drive, let us know what you think, or feel free to leave a comment on the TMC forum.
    Update: Here are the photos:

Console 1: Shelf
    Name:  Console1_Shelf.jpg
Views: 12939
Size:  693.7 KB
    Name:  Console1_Top-down.jpg
Views: 13854
Size:  761.5 KB

Console 2: Phone slot
    Name:  Console2_Phone_Slot_Closed.jpg
Views: 11957
Size:  955.6 KB
    Name:  Console2_Phone_Slot_Open.jpg
Views: 12488
Size:  825.3 KB
    Name:  Console2_Shelf.jpg
Views: 12381
Size:  739.4 KB

Console 3: Cupholders
    Name:  Console3_Top-down.jpg
Views: 12562
Size:  719.7 KB
    Name:  Console3_Shelf-cupholders.jpg
Views: 11361
Size:  738.8 KB

Rear console:
    Name:  Rear Seat Console.jpg
Views: 12787
Size:  828.6 KB

(Please accept our apologies if we remove one of your posts asking for the photos)
    Last edited by mpt; 2012-06-25 at 04:23 AM. Reason: Added photos

WARNING: Danger of Electric Shock! Vehicle may accelerate quicker than anticipated.

Inside Tesla - 06.19.12 | Blog | Tesla Motors
    There have been a lot of suggestions about what could be done with the area between the two front seats. It was initially designed to be an open area for you to easily store everything from a backpack to a purse, and many people are looking forward to doing exactly that. However, we have received several requests to add compartments, shelves or phone holders to make this area more organized. This seemed like a great opportunity to make Model S customizable to be what YOU WANT it to be. So, we have officially dubbed this area the “Opportunity Console,” and set out to design exactly the type of functional enhancements you have requested.

This weekend, we will be displaying the first prototypes of our Opportunity Console elements for you to see. These are not yet finalized, so we look forward to hearing your feedback and suggestions. The prototypes we will be showing this weekend are not for sale, but are being shown to you, our customers, to get your input so we can focus our effort on functionality that is most important to you. After your test drive, let us know what you think, or feel free to leave a comment on the Tesla Motors Club forum. We’ve created a thread on the forum to gather your input.

As I said above, many people like the area between the front seats exactly the way it is, so we will continue to offer this area as originally planned. The additional Opportunity Console options are in response to customer requests, and will be made available as soon as we finalize designs based upon your input.
    Anyone who goes this weekend, please add pictures!
    Last edited by doug; 2012-06-25 at 07:31 AM. Reason: added link to source of quote

Is this one of the prototypes for the console? (From Motor Trend's review)

Name:  2012-Tesla-Model-S-interior.jpg
Views: 23593
Size:  172.0 KB
    Last edited by mcornwell; 2012-06-22 at 03:23 PM. Reason: Added link to MT review

MSP#7577 **--** MX#1891 spatterso911's Avatar
    Here is another shot...

Name:  P1060177.jpeg
Views: 10275
Size:  76.3 KB
    http://www.teslacountdown.com/modelx...891?size=small

PLEASE NOTE: Posts are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation within this forum. My words may NOT be quoted outside this forum, without my expressed consent.

Delivered: Model S - VIN 3498: Performance, Black/Black/CF; Grey 21" rims; Pano; Tech; Sound studio; Parcel Shelf; Paint armor; Twin Chargers; HPWC;

Model S5,651, Model X109
    Anyone else notice what's under the screen!!!! It's a cubby for stuff!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lyon View Post
    Yeah. Did that make it into the first batch of production vehicles? The perfect place for your sunglasses. I still think they could do much more, but it's a start. Happy that they listened to the complaints and created a quick fix.

Roadster #1144 + Sig 114 dsm363's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyon View Post
    Yes. That looks new!

That cubbie under the display is there in the Gigaom video too. Do you think it is going to be a standard feature? Wow, how great if it is! Also the Gigaom video showed rear seat cup holders for an instant. Fantastic! But where? How?

Cubby and cup holders yay... I also really liked the obeche wood!

Model S: VIN P 3552 gg_got_a_tesla's Avatar
    Perfect! There's a place for the phones and keys now. And, is that cover for the center console area the same wood trim (Obeche here) as chosen for the dash?! Neat idea although it can get scuffed up easily.
    Awaiting VIN P 65513 - P85D, Performance Dual Motor AWD, Green, Pano Roof, Textile Seats, Piano Black trim, Black Alcantara Headliner, Tech Package with Autopilot, Dual Chargers, Subzero Package, Smart Air Suspension, 19" Wheels, ETA December 2014

VIN P 3552 - 60 kWh with Supercharging, Green, Black Roof, Black Leather, Piano Black trim, Tech Package, Active Air Suspension, 19" Wheels, 28,343 miles, Delivered January 2013, RIP August 2014

Thread Information