Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Albuquerque

I have a 2012 tesla model s p85 ……….yes that is right 2012, I believe original confirmation placeholder was number 806. The date of manufacture is 12/2012. I live in new mexico and would like to sell the vehicle. I took delivery one year ago. The reasons I am interested in selling the car are straight forward: Tesla is the finest vehicle in the world. I want the latest and best. 1. Red was not available when I took delivery. 2. Even though the vehicle was well equipped, I declined the tech package. 3. I qualified for the federal tax credit. The specs on my tesla are: tesla model s performance. p85 85 kw battery. pearl white exterior color ($1500), panoramic all glass roof ($1500) 21 inch silver wheels, black performance interior, carbon fiber interior decor, active air suspension, supercharger hardware, single charger, black nappa leather interior with contrast piping, rear carbon fiber spoiler. My mileage is 4100. The vehicle is fantastic!!! I pulled the trigger for purchase after driving the tesla roadster in albuquerque. The original sticker price was 95,400. Tesla personal delivery was 990. Final inspection, prep, and coordination (whatever that entails) was 180. I also bought the tire inflation kit from tesla. After sales tax the total bill was 100,000. The vehicle is a real head turner as everyone knows. I am looking to upgrade to a model s performance with the red multi coat (not the wine red signature paint) with the tech package, 21 inch rims, pano sun roof and air suspension. We all know the vehicle I want is a bit more pricy than mine but it is what I desire from the finest car in the world. I am asking 99,999 for mine. I waited 4 years for my vehicle banking on the success of tesla. In retrospect shares of the company would have been a far better investment, but not nearly as fun!!!!! I am including pictures of the vehicle and sticker. Thank you for the interest. Ryan

Checked the Tesla Motors website this evening for anything about Albuquerque as I do pretty regularly...OK...a lot...

Tonight I seem to see a prospective service center location near Menaul and Carlisle, NE. Am I seeing things?

I went over over there this evening (OK I rushed over there as fast as I legally could) and all I see at the indicated location is an empty field...so far. I tried to post a map from the Tesla Motors website but can't seem to do that...still new at posting...

Anyone else know anything/confirm? Or have I just finally gone around some bend I did not notice before I got there?
    Just wondering...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaceCadet View Post
    Checked the Tesla Motors website this evening for anything about Albuquerque as I do pretty regularly...OK...a lot...

Tonight I seem to see a prospective service center location near Menaul and Carlisle, NE. Am I seeing things?

I went over over there this evening (OK I rushed over there as fast as I legally could) and all I see at the indicated location is an empty field...so far. I tried to post a map from the Tesla Motors website but can't seem to do that...still new at posting...

Anyone else know anything/confirm? Or have I just finally gone around some bend I did not notice before I got there?
    Just wondering...
    So so many things I could say . But let's go with 'you're not imagining things'. I checked the job listings (always a good indicator) on the TM site and there are three postings for your neighborhood. Looks official to me!

Name:  Screen Shot 2014-08-13 at 11.28.55 PM.png
Views: 108
Size:  25.8 KB
    PLEASE NOTE: Posts are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation within this forum. My words may NOT be quoted outside this forum, without my expressed consent.

Quote Originally Posted by Jdcleary View Post
    Any hotels in Albuquerque with charging capabilities?

My wife and I are traveling from AR to AZ via I-40 April 2 - April 4 and without superchargers this might lead to long days with slow charging. Hopefully we can find a Tesla owner around OK City with a HPWC but don't think we can find any in Texas off I-40. We did find some RV spots with the NEMA 14-50 (28 mph) through Texas and eastern NM. Our hope is to be in Albuquerque on Wednesday night, April 3rd and hope to find an overnight hotel with some charging capability.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Sorry but this info is obviously too late for your trip, but I charged (twice) today at 1 of 2 Chargepoint J1772's (208/30 17mph) located in downtown ABQ (400-498 3rd St. NW) across the street from the Doubletree Inn. Looked it up in Plugshare.

- - - Updated - - -

Just wondering...
    If this is true, does it mean that a Supercharger won't be far behind? It would make a huge difference for when I travel to Santa Fe again. The wife has threatened to use her BMW next time if we have to go through the agony of multi-hour charging at the J1772's again.

S 85 | White | Blk Napa | Piano | Air | Tech | Pano | 19" Primacy | Park Sensors | Shelf | VIN P21686 | PU @ Fremont Oct. 2013 | v5.9 (1.51.109) 6/8/14| Vampire loss 1.97 mls/day | 7.28 kW solar | HOV 'white' sticker |

X-Country Travelers

Quote Originally Posted by jkliu47 View Post
    If this is true, does it mean that a Supercharger won't be far behind? It would make a huge difference for when I travel to Santa Fe again. The wife has threatened to use her BMW next time if we have to go through the agony of multi-hour charging at the J1772's again.
    I agree it would really help out travelers like yourself, particularly those coming from the east. I have helped out six travelers this year already with my HPWC. And I would be more the happy to help you out as well. I'm in the EV plugShare, listed as "Robert". Let me know next time you come though and I will juice you up faster than any J1772 you can find out here.

- - - Updated - - -

Just wondering...
    I too saw that they listed that location as the "Coming Soon" location for the ABQ Service center. So we are at least seeing the same mirage

I would love to see a service center here as well. The support I've been getting from the Denver SC has been great, but because of the long distance it takes them ~2wks to get down here to do minor maintenance and I'm not looking forward to loss of my car when the annual comes up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bonnie View Post
    So so many things I could say . But let's go with 'you're not imagining things'. I checked the job listings (always a good indicator) on the TM site and there are three postings for your neighborhood. Looks official to me!

Name:  Screen Shot 2014-08-13 at 11.28.55 PM.png
Views: 108
Size:  25.8 KB
    It is great to see this posting, but news I got from one of the Denver SC techs is that hold up to getting a Service Center out here has been our lovely NM bureaucracy. And without one we can not get any of Tesla's service plans. Go figure. Hopefully with this latest posting of an actual address for the Service Center things may finally be moving forward.

@berkut - Thanks for the kind offer. We will be driving back from Santa Fe thru Albuquerque on the way to Las Vegas this coming Monday. I think I may need a topping up of the charge to last until Gallup's SC. If so I will contact you via Plugshare (username is same as here).

PS just got a 4 hour recharge via Chargepoint station in Santa Fe Convention Center parking. That's a down payment on the full recharge I would need if I am going to attempt to make it back to Gallup from Santa Fe.
    Last edited by jkliu47; 2014-08-14 at 05:15 PM.

S 85 | White | Blk Napa | Piano | Air | Tech | Pano | 19" Primacy | Park Sensors | Shelf | VIN P21686 | PU @ Fremont Oct. 2013 | v5.9 (1.51.109) 6/8/14| Vampire loss 1.97 mls/day | 7.28 kW solar | HOV 'white' sticker |

OK I am back in So Calif. from my Sante Fe road trip and here are the numbers.

Points - LA/Palm Springs/Scottsdale/Flagstaff/Gallup/Albuquerque/Sante Fe/Gallup/Flagstaff/Las Vegas/LA (hitting all the SC's along this route, except for Palm Springs, Albuquerque, Santa Fe and Las Vegas charged at hotel).

Numbers: 2060.5 miles traveled; 675.1 kWH; 328 Wh/mi average; in temps ranging from mid 70's to 100+; A/C at 68F range mode; average speed ~1.1 speed limit; 2 rainstorms encountered (Flagstaff and Henderson - no leaks btw); one slow leak front Left tire. EV'd twice (once in Palm Springs and once in Santa Fe).

Otherwise it was a great trip, the MS was a real nice cruiser. And I had to use the frunk for the first time to accommodate the art d'objects and native rugs my wife kept acquiring from the local flea markets and stores along the way!

Only full range charging done from non-SC's was in Santa Fe over the 4 days I stayed there. Did it in increments using the Convention Parking location (ChargePoint); and the Santa Fe Train station location. The Train station charger is key coded - needed Tomasitas restaurant to unlock it (1.25 hrs per charge, but they didn't mind our repeated use - I guess because we had dinner there ).

On the way back from Santa Fe to Gallup, did get an insurance charge at Sacred Power (ChargePoint) in Albuquerque; just to put my wife's mind at ease. (She gets nervous whenever it shows less than 100 miles range left - but then she also gasses up her BMW whenever it shows less than 1/2 full!)

In summary EVTripper is a great resource - although I am finding now that I actually do better than its calculated numbers.

Thread Information