Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P100D in the works!!! :)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The timing of that is about perfect. Just confirmed a 90D.:crying:

Me too. Don't worry about that! We've got the latest and greatest at the time. I had actually ordered an 85D, but upgraded. Now, I'm REALLY glad I did. The 85 is going the way of the dinosaurs! :)

- - - Updated - - -

Super news. Range is always a great thing! Just hope Tesla has Rated Range figured out and properly reporting with the new battery size. They have not yet got it right for some of us with the 90kWh batteries introduced last Fall, so we'll see how it goes for the next generation. ;)

Very true. Maybe they'll get the software issues straightened out for the 90 before they release the 100s!

I wish Tesla would start to produce cars that are cheaper, not the ones, that are more and more expensive.
The high-end ones allow the more affordable ones, it's their stated model and it seems to be working really well.

As others have suggested range may be one way Tesla differentiates the "economy" Model 3 from the "premium" Model S.

Not that it's a guarantee it will be offered but it seems technically possible so it's mind blowing that my 9 month old 70 may soon be able to get a 30% pack upgrade option. Wow.

That's just exciting to me. Even if I had a 90 on order I'd say this is good news (and as a Tesla owner I've quickly learned that the new tech can literally come daily and as time goes on much of it won't be for my own car but there's no reason to be disappointed as my car is still a fine car).

Rumours of an AP2.0 sensor suite that may not be offered to existing AP owners is more of a shock to me, as that would likely mean our current AP is about all we'll ever get once the developers all switch to the new toys.

Though I do have to admit to being a bit fearful of a possible body refresh, but it does have the benefit of making the current MS a classic with a very limited run.

Step 1, make the 100 the new top option. Step 2 in 6 months, update the 70 to 75, with no price increase, and then drop the 90. From there, perhaps no S/X battery updates until after the Model 3 is being produced at a 100k annual rate or more, which will hopefully be mid-2018.

I think they will make 90kWh as a standard for $85k. And, as an option, upgrade to 100kWh for $5-6k