Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How active is market for used Tesla parts (wheels)?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm thinking of buying some of the TST Sportline 19" turbines, but would want to sell my 19" OEM base wheels to help offset the cost. I'm just curious, how active is the market for parts like OEM wheels? Would I have much trouble selling them, either locally (Denver) or listing on eBay/Panjo/etc? They're in great shape but used, since I just took delivery of my CPO a couple weeks ago. Tesla did tell me that the base 19" wheel alone is $300 new, fwiw.

Lots of people want to sell their stock wheels to get a more custom look. Not very many people looking to buy used stock wheels to go back to a stock look. Supply and demand not in your favor. But all you can do is try. Maybe you find just the right buyer and win win.

Why not keep your stock set for winter tires? That's what most of us do...

I'm thinking of buying some of the TST Sportline 19" turbines, but would want to sell my 19" OEM base wheels to help offset the cost. I'm just curious, how active is the market for parts like OEM wheels? Would I have much trouble selling them, either locally (Denver) or listing on eBay/Panjo/etc? They're in great shape but used, since I just took delivery of my CPO a couple weeks ago. Tesla did tell me that the base 19" wheel alone is $300 new, fwiw.

Perhaps keep your stock wheels and put some winter tires on them?

About this time last year just after ordering my S I ordered a spare 19" wheel and tire from one place and a set of four wheels and tires from another (wheels to mount snow tires on and tires to replace what came with the car when they wear out). Both purchases for much less than retail. And both advertised here on these forums. So, yep, there is a market.

I painted mine. Same guy who did my calipers. Like staying stock. You have more options.
wHXSfA0.jpg

You might have luck in the northeast. Since roads are so bad in NYC I was informed there were lots of people who returned their 21s for 19s. Actually at the end of the year while I was still on the fence about purchase, I was given the option to keep the 21s and 19s without the extra $4500 - so naturally I made a deposit immediately on an inventory car with 21s and run the 19s now for the winter. I will run the 21s after roads are cleared and repaved for the 2-3 good months we have.