Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2015's fewer rattles/creaks than 2014's?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm second guessing myself - have a 2015 90D inventory car on order, and realizing I may instead want a 2014 P85D for the tighter suspension - and the lease rate is almost the same. I don't want to buy any Tesla for the long term until the full autonomy hardware suite is shipping, so leasing this time around.

Anyway - is the interior quality control changed in 2015 from 2014? Squeaks and rattles drive me bonkers - I'm a little OCD that way - the fewer the better.

Thanks so much!

Tesla lease rates suck -- around 50% of the value of the car over 36 months. Be careful... doubtful you would lose more than that just owning and caring for the car. Maybe it has changed since I purchased.

You are probably right - I never lease cars. But I'm leasing because I think much-improved autonomous driving hardware is less than 3 years away. If I bought it, psychologically I wouldn't be able to sell it for 10 years and 200,000 miles (as is my typical habit). This way I'm forcing myself to upgrade 36 months from now - and if full autonomous hardware is available I'll purchase at that point and plan for a long term hold.

No rattles or sqeaks in my Sept 2012 car. Lots of tire noise though, it is almost time to replace them.

When the car was new, there was a lot of pano noise and some wind coming in through a window seal. But Tesla fixed those in 2012 and it has been quiet since.

Now the Roadster...THAT is what you drive if you want rattles and squeaks.

Last edited: