Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

iPhone won't hang up sometimes?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm having an issue that is intermittent.

- When I'm done with a call I press the "End Call" button.
- My phone hangs up but the Tesla still thinks it connected. Audio won't come back on. It just gets stuck.
- After about 30 seconds the tesla losses connection to the iPhone...then will reconnect again and back to normal.

I've reset both the car screen and the phone many times. Any other ideas?

I got a slightly different error of the iPhone seeming to call itself (my own phone number dialed). The only thing that stopped it for me was turning off the iPhone. That seemed to kill the false phone call. After that it worked fine. Not sure what caused it in first place, however.

Yeah, I had a strange problem with symptoms similar to what you are both describing... MS receiving a call over and over from a missed call the day before, but the iPhone never showing the call coming through. Ended-up impacting phone and media player and Nav... I documented it in another thread aomewhere, but IIRC, net is when I called the 800# (you may want to do that), I was told this was an occasional problem with early releases of iPhone6 or perhaps iOS9 that had gone away as either Apple and/or Tesla changed code, and as he asked other agents around him, it was not something they had seen in a while. To resolve it, you need to be very thorough: Go to your iPhone and actually delete (not just turn off) the Bluetooth connection to your MS; On your MS, then delete the iPhone Bluetooth connection; Reboot the 17" and IC; Re-pair your iPhone with MS. After I did all that, I have not had a problem since. Good luck.

Yeah, I had a strange problem with symptoms similar to what you are both describing... MS receiving a call over and over from a missed call the day before, but the iPhone never showing the call coming through. Ended-up impacting phone and media player and Nav... I documented it in another thread aomewhere, but IIRC, net is when I called the 800# (you may want to do that), I was told this was an occasional problem with early releases of iPhone6 or perhaps iOS9 that had gone away as either Apple and/or Tesla changed code, and as he asked other agents around him, it was not something they had seen in a while. To resolve it, you need to be very thorough: Go to your iPhone and actually delete (not just turn off) the Bluetooth connection to your MS; On your MS, then delete the iPhone Bluetooth connection; Reboot the 17" and IC; Re-pair your iPhone with MS. After I did all that, I have not had a problem since. Good luck.
I had this problem last week with an iPhone 6s and iOS 9.2; cleared it the same way.

Has anyone found a fix for this issue? Mine seems to be getting worse where yesterday the transport controls (next/back) wouldn't work when listening to Spotify thru Bluetooth.

I did find that I'm having Bluetooth issues with other devices outside of the MS. This is making me start think it may not be a MS problem...
Google Groups

I never had that problem till yesterday afternoon. I have an IPhone 5s. I got in the car used the vehicle touch screen to dial my better half. It showed it connected and had a countdown but no audio. End call on screen didn't work. Just stuck. So I reset the 17 in. Same issue. Reset the inst cluster screen. Didn't help. Reset my phone and it fixed it. Oddly enough, the audio controls on the scroll wheel stopped working immediately after that. Volume worked but pause and the next song non opp. Reset the 17 in again! Finally it was all working as it should. Pain in the A$$. Who I called was confused by all the call attempts and couldn't hear me as well.

I am having some wonky issues with my iphone and Tesla. I have had my car for two weeks. 1st week, no issues. This week, I will make a call...the reception ends up being 'crackley'. I ask to call back the person on the phone. Call back and the phone does not connect to BT. I go to speaker, wait about a minute and then it reconnects to BT. This has happened 3 times today. Ughh.

My Tesla thinks my iPhone is on a call to itself as soon as I get in the car. Happening last 3 days only. Have to turn off bluetooth on iPhone but as soon as I turn it back on, it "dials itself" again. Phone does not show a call being made, just the Tesla display and the end call button does not work.

Having a very similar issue with Android Samsung s20. Bluetooth works fine until i have a call. Whenever a call ends, it shows that I'm still on a call with "me" on the bottom left call info. It won't let me hang up, music won't play. Only fix is to disconnect and reconnect BT. Ive tried removing device, adding back. No luck. Anyone have any solutions?