Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Roadster on SpeedTV's "My Ride Rules!" - Wednesday nights

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

DrTaras

R254->R725->S->X->M3->M3P-->R2020?
Dec 2, 2007
Woodland Hills, CA
Four ultra-competitive, thrill-seeking motor heads who think their car is the best take a spin TOGETHER in each other's rides to see whose car really comes out on top and whose is left in the dust. Car owners must "put their motors where their mouths are" and prove to their competition why their ride is the best...hands down! Premieres Wednesday, Aug. 3rd at 9PM ET / 6 PM PT on SPEED. It is the lead show into Adam Carolla's new, "The Car Show." SpeedTV channel has "bought" 13 half-hour episodes of this "reality TV" show & I believe that this Wednesday there will be 2 episodes. I was chosen to participate with my Tesla Roadster and we wrapped up shooting on 7/30/11. They said it was episode #9, so my guess is that it will air in 7 or so weeks but will give y'all a heads up when it does. For now, here is their youtube promo:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubQYRg7KEoc :redface:

IMG_3408.JPG

Participants got a Prestone package of goodies which just arrived in the mail. Most of the stuff is obsolete for an EV. Gas additives, fuel injector cleaners, radiator regulators... makes me feel sad that I'm killing off entire industries and sending to an early retirement, Manny, Moe & Jack! :redface:

View attachment 2370
Participants got a Prestone package of goodies which just arrived in the mail. Most of the stuff is obsolete for an EV. Gas additives, fuel injector cleaners, radiator regulators... makes me feel sad that I'm killing off entire industries and sending to an early retirement, Manny, Moe & Jack! :redface:

I'm sure that there will soon be a plethora of performance-enhancing compounds for you to add to the battery coolant, or to rub on the outside of the pack...

Is this it?

Agoura's own Ian Taras, who owns a 2010 Tesla Roadster Sport, recently participated in a three-day shoot for the reality show My Road Rules for SpeedTV. In the show, "four ultra-competitive, very different people, who think their car is best, take a spin together in each other’s ride," he said. "Let’s face it, everyone thinks their car is the best."

At the end of each test drive, the other owners award points for appearance, performance and overall vehicle personality. The driver with the most points at the end of the show wins the My Ride Rules Trophy and $1,000 in cash. "It’s the ultimate test drive," he said.

To find out who wins, watch the show, scheduled to air on SpeedTV, Wednesday, Sept. 28., at 6 p.m.

3fc804e5a6f801cfe465a79f7079ed15.png