Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EVTripPlanner for dummies?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

scaesare

Mar 14, 2013
NoVA
OK, so what's the trick to making EVTripPlanner recalculate a route when I modify the waypoints?

I don't need to hit a supercharger 35 miles form my origination, so I delete it.. yet I can't figure out how to force the steps/map to recalc...

:confused:

Thanks.

Once the super chargers are added via the "route thru superchargers" button, you can delete a few, and click "route direct" and it will go though the remaining superchargers in the list.

I've done that. Just tried it again.

I have deleted the Milford CT supercharger from my route, yet the "Steps" tab still lists it.

Although I DID manage to get it to remove the Bethesda, MD charger I deleted earlier from the steps, but not sure how I managed that when it won't delete other chargers...

It works consistently for me. As soon as I click "route direct" after removing the superchargers I want to skip, the steps update.

It might be worth trying a different browser, just in case it's not refreshing correctly for some reason.

Have done that too. Two different browsers (Chrome & IE) on two different machines on 3 different networks with 3 different ISP's.

Here's a snippet of the page AFTER I've edited the waypoints and hit the "Route Direct" button (and get the little animated horizontal barber pole graphic while it's thinking):

evroute.PNG

Note Milford is NOT listed as a waypoint, yet remains in the steps...

:cursing:

One thing I've noticed is that you cannot change the address of anything with the "plug" logo, or else it still will include the original entry when Route Direct is clicked on. I tried that when I was planning a trip and wanted to account for charging at a friend's house. I used a nearby Nissan dealer's entry and changed the address, but the steps still took me to the Nissan dealer. If you enter an address, it has to be on a lettered entry rather than a plug entry. Perhaps this is what the zoo is experiencing?

One thing I've noticed is that you cannot change the address of anything with the "plug" logo, or else it still will include the original entry when Route Direct is clicked on. I tried that when I was planning a trip and wanted to account for charging at a friend's house. I used a nearby Nissan dealer's entry and changed the address, but the steps still took me to the Nissan dealer. If you enter an address, it has to be on a lettered entry rather than a plug entry. Perhaps this is what the zoo is experiencing?

Interesting.

Although as I noted above, at some point I WAS able to get it to delete the Bethesda MD supercharger from the route, and that was one of the "plug icon" locations... So I dunno....

Ditto that. I also corresponded with him about the zoom features of the map being covered up by the charger icons and he moved those to the other side of the map now. Very responsive. Send your concerns/thoughts and he will probably implement them.