Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hawaii - Model S Design

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good news dsmith! Silver metallic is back in the color choices :)

mmmmm, after that test drive of a P90D anything is possible. 0-60 (actually about 90) and then immediately 90 - 0. first test drive of the day, the Tesla sales person was "speechless". don't remember his name but he wants me to say Hi to Cheryl ( they had done some training together). got to see the Ludacris mode star field Easter egg too.

It appears that Tesla has made their center console accessory standard on all Model S’s.

If you look closely at the pictures of the interior on the main page and the interior in the design studio, the center console shows.

And separately, I picked this hint up in another TMC thread. Just for fun - to see what happens, change the name of your MS to 42 and save. See what happens.

Last edited:
they also increased the onboard charger from 40 to 48 amps.

Yes, they did. But anyone care to speculate on how that will make a difference? Here in Hawaii, most home have no more than 100 amp service. And they will have to be careful to install a 14-50 circuit to use it. Most homes will only support the 40 amps from the original charger. I don't think we will benefit. I don't think most people in the U.S. will benefit from a 48 amp charger. At least, that's how I see it. Anyone see how we - here - would benefit from a higher amp charger?

Yes, they did. But anyone care to speculate on how that will make a difference? Here in Hawaii, most home have no more than 100 amp service. And they will have to be careful to install a 14-50 circuit to use it. Most homes will only support the 40 amps from the original charger. I don't think we will benefit. I don't think most people in the U.S. will benefit from a 48 amp charger. At least, that's how I see it. Anyone see how we - here - would benefit from a higher amp charger?

Won't help us most likely for all the reasons that you mention. Helps Tesla though because it now uses the same onboard charger that's in the X and therefore Tesla doesn't need to keep track of multiple versions of parts.

20% faster charging will help at destination chargers because many of them are 80 amps. So, if you stop by a restaurant or hotel with a Tesla destination charger and it will charge that much faster. When the Superferry returns some day and a dozen of us head to the same hotel on Maui with our Teslas, we'll appreciate faster destination charging. Right now I show only 2 destinations chargers in Hawaii: one on Maui and one on the Big Island, but they'll increase in number in coming years.

20% faster charging will help at destination chargers because many of them are 80 amps. So, if you stop by a restaurant or hotel with a Tesla destination charger and it will charge that much faster. When the Superferry returns some day and a dozen of us head to the same hotel on Maui with our Teslas, we'll appreciate faster destination charging. Right now I show only 2 destinations chargers in Hawaii: one on Maui and one on the Big Island, but they'll increase in number in coming years.

I'm actually looking forward to the return of the Superferry I missed it the first last time. I would love to drive my Tesla on the road to Hana