Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

And now for the wait...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks to everyone on the forum for all the great info and discussions, at long last I've pulled the trigger on a new 70D!

Deep Blue Metallic
Pano Roof
Standard 19" wheels
Grey Leather Seats (next-gen hug me too tight for un-ventilated)
Piano Black
Black Headliner
Autopilot
Premium Interior and Lighting (want that powered liftgate, and I didn't like the 3 color look [grey seats, black everywhere else, and white headliner])
Cold Weather Package

Apparently the Model X rollout is starting to impact Model S delivery times from what they were telling me, and timing jumped to late November just this Monday. Looks like I have a 2 month wait.

I'm going to wait until the Model X event on Tuesday to finalize just in case they have something in there that I for some reason can't live without.

Anyone else hearing of longer delivery timing?

Your car is almost the exact same as mine. The only differences for me being: S85, air suspension, next gen seats, and no cold weather package.

Here's my advice:
- Be prepared for fingerprints to show a LOT. I was told by my auto detailer that this blue color shows them even more than black. When I got my sealer protectant (I used Nanohide down here in South Florida, it's like a competitor to Opti-Coat), the fingerprints were less noticeable.
- In your one week waiting period where you can change your mind for free, do some research and consider the air suspension. I went with it because I had heard of people bottoming out in a few areas and my rationale was that if I bought it and never felt the need for it, i'd be ok with it, but if I didn't have it and I bottomed out just once i'd totally regret not getting it. Now that I have my car, I find I bump up the air suspension ANY time I park my car because these things run very low to the ground and those little parking lot concrete blockers are like Model S Kryptonite to me. People I've read on the forums who prefer coil suspension do so because they feel it gives them better performance.
- Find some folks on here who ordered their car from the Great Lakes states at just about the same time as you. You guys can keep tabs with each other on status changes through your my.teslamotors.com page. I was in close communication with a few folks that lived one town over and it was great bouncing ideas and feedback off of each other that is specific to our local area (a good tinter, auto detailer, the people who worked at our local service center, etc)
- In your waiting period, read everything you can on these forums. Be aware that some advice is pretty much universally true (e.g. the paint Tesla uses is very soft compared to other vehicles) and some advice is one where everybody seems to have a strong opinion and they're different (e.g. what is the exact best maximum charge % you should use for everyday use: 90, 80, 70...)
- Watch all of Bjorn Nyland's Youtube videos on the Model S

Enjoy!