Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Range Anxiety conquered - I don't think so

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Forgot to plug in the car and the family decided they wanted a 75 mile each way trip. The car said I could arrive with 1% margin and kept telling me I needed to charge. I knew there were 2 superchargers along the way but none of them showed up on the trip button. In fact no destination chargers of any kind were offered. Clearly I must have annoyed the software because my battery was lowish to begin with. I remember Tesla telling us we will never run out because the car will point out places to charge on the way and give you the recharge times required. Everytime I have gone on a long roadtrip I got all the information I needed.

Incidentally, the Volt tells me I forgot to plug in with a text message.

Forgot to plug in the car and the family decided they wanted a 75 mile each way trip. The car said I could arrive with 1% margin and kept telling me I needed to charge. I knew there were 2 superchargers along the way but none of them showed up on the trip button. In fact no destination chargers of any kind were offered. Clearly I must have annoyed the software because my battery was lowish to begin with. I remember Tesla telling us we will never run out because the car will point out places to charge on the way and give you the recharge times required. Everytime I have gone on a long roadtrip I got all the information I needed.

Incidentally, the Volt tells me I forgot to plug in with a text message.

It's a well-known fact that it is very easy to annoy beta software. :wink:

I try playing soothing music for my NAV software in the hopes of keeping it in a good mood.

Larry

Did they not show up on the Superchargers tab in the car? If they weren't showing up on the trip function I would jake navigate directly to the Supercharger anyway then to your destination.

Last edited:
But you made it, right?

I made it there and back , and weirdly enough both superchargers were completely empty of any cars. I just used one of them and drove past the other. My underwear is not strong enough to arrive with 1% though, I needed a wider margin

Did they not show up on the Superchargers thread? If they weren't showing up on the trip function I would jake navigate directly to the Supercharger anyway then to your destination.

They did show on the usual chargers navigation. I guess I have just been a bit spoiled with the trip function advising me when and where to charge, even if some chargers show charge for zero minutes just to add them to the list

Last edited: