Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

iPhone keeps disconnecting when plaing music over Bluetooth

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm having problem playing music from my iPhone. Every few minutes (sometimes shorter, sometimes longer), the music will just stop, the phone is gone from bluetooth connection for a few seconds, before it shows again and i'm able to continue playing.

Have anyone experienced something similar? I have this problem with both my cars (P85/P85D). Playing music on other bluetooth speakers works fine...

I'm having problem playing music from my iPhone. Every few minutes (sometimes shorter, sometimes longer), the music will just stop, the phone is gone from bluetooth connection for a few seconds, before it shows again and i'm able to continue playing.

Have anyone experienced something similar? I have this problem with both my cars (P85/P85D). Playing music on other bluetooth speakers works fine...

I believe others here have observed the same thing.

However, as a counter-example, over the past few weeks, I've done 24-hour test drives with a P85D and a 70D. For both of them, I did my (1.2 hour) commute back and forth.

I listen to audiobooks (using the Audible app) to and from work on my iPhone 6 (latest iOS version), and over a total of 3 trips (~6 hours) and two different cars, I was pleased to discover that the bluetooth stayed up the whole time.

(Conversely, on my Infiniti JX35, the bluetooth will drop randomly somewhere in the commute, sometimes more than once or twice). I therefore use USB audio connection for reliability (not an option on the MS).

So I guess what I'm saying is that it's also possible for the BT to behave very well, and with a phone that has issues on an Infiniti's BT stack.

This has been seen before. I have personally seen it happen whenever I use Facebook on my iPhone while playing music via BT. No reason I can think of why this app, and this app only causes this problem. But it does.

Others have seen similar issues if they have other BT LE (BT 4.0) devices in the car. Like a Pebble Watch or Tile BT dongle. If I find the other thread, I'll link you to it.

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/49577-Bluetooth-issues-Model-S-and-iOS-8-4