Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla's "Find an Electrician" program

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

FlasherZ

Sig Model S + Sig Model X + Model 3 Resv
Jun 21, 2012
Many of you may not have seen this, but during the last couple of days in April, Tesla launched a new certified electrician service:

Tesla provides specific training on installing charging equipment, and ensures that these certified electricians adhere to quality, permitting, and inspection requirements. You can find an electrician at Tesla's web site here:

Find an electrician | Tesla Motors

It appears to be mainly targeted in the US and Canada, but I suspect there are some other international locations.

I've also placed the location into the charging FAQ found here.

I think this is a good plan. Much better to provide links to electricians trained to install Tesla gear than to say "consult with your local electrician". Makes it easier for potential customers (Tesla has done the work, instead of telling you to do it), and helps with scaling up. Fits with Tesla's MO of getting rid of obstacles to EV adoption.

Good idea, really bad execution. Only 2 crappy options for the entire NY. Both in NJ with 2 star reviews. I think a wiki generated by us with locations and prices we paid would be a much better idea.

I mi have a great recommendation in the NYC area btw. Just had a nema outlet installed. Great quality work, inexpensive and fully licensed.

Good idea, really bad execution. Only 2 crappy options for the entire NY. Both in NJ with 2 star reviews. I think a wiki generated by us with locations and prices we paid would be a much better idea.

I mi have a great recommendation in the NYC area btw. Just had a nema outlet installed. Great quality work, inexpensive and fully licensed.

It wasn't intended to be comprehensive off the bat... Tesla is certifying interested electricians and wants customers and other electricians to sign up for the program.

I get it but why even sign on a contractor with an under 2.5 star user review rating? TM should put better standards for the vendors they are working with in place since they will be representing it in the field.