Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Layout of wires in HPWC (almost) prevents mounting it?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am installing an HPWC today. More correctly, I am putting it in position for the electrician Monday.
Who'll have to remove it, run the wires down the pipe, add drywall, then the real deal.

When mounting the main "shell" to the bracket using the two screws provided, I note that the upper screw is very difficult to get in the corresponding bracket hole ...
as there are black, green and red wires right up to the hole's adjacent "wall" and are very difficult to pry away.
Anyone else had this issue?

This is the "newer" version of HPWC (I think) that went on sale for $750.

If someone were to be a little careless and pinch these (seemingly high current) wires, they might be in for a shock?
Any pointers for my electrician?
IMG_20150329_141520_234.jpg

It's pretty easy to install with a magnetized bit. If he really struggles with it and doesn't have a magnetized bit, a piece of tape just barely holding the head of the screw to the bit works. It's a poor place for the screw hole, but electricians deal with tighter stuff all the time.

I had the same problem today myself. Had to move the green wire out of the way and even then it was a pain to get the driver to turn the bolt as it kept on wanting to ride upon the wires to the left. Really really bad design.

Less careful electricians are going to fudge this up even more than their accidentally dropping the face with the ribbon cable still attached.

Fortunately, I was able to work around it and had no issues. It probably took an extra 15 minutes of time because of this. Electricians are going to be cursing.

This is actually pretty tame. Insulated 45-degree pick in the left hand to keep the wires out of the way while you tighten the screw with the right solves that easily.