Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What type of scheduling do you want to do for your car ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

I'm working on my Hosted Logger (You can take a look of what it look like here : Tesla Logger - YouTube I've already added car details, Accelerations statistics since this video).

I'm now at the part where lot of people using it want scheduling... But what is exactly do you need scheduling for ?

I'll say a few thing that might be useful, but the more scenario I get the better I'll be able to structure the system to support more useful feature :

If not plugged in at Home, Between 20 to 23 hours, All Week, and charge level is below 60%. Send Email / SMS
If plugged, at Home, Between 9 to 22, Monday to Friday... Force Charging off and Climate off (When your during peak electricity rate).
If plugged in, at Home, Between 5h30 to 6h30, Monday to Friday, and Cabin temperature is under 10oC, Start Climate at 17oC
If charging starting, at Home, Between 12 and 23hours, Monday to Friday, Stop Charge
If at home, Start Charge to Reach 80% by 7AM (This can be tricky if you also start the heater... I could make sure if temperature are low to be ready 30minutes before so that would leave 30minute of full heating the car up...).

Anyway, you get the idea...

I would love to know of scenario that you would fine useful so I can actually do something that every one like!

Moc

Last edited:
Some flexibility in the charging schedule would be nice. My LEAF had two schedules. You can set each one on a daily basis like a programmable thermostat. So I had one for weeknight charging and used the other for weekends. I have off-peak rates so during the week I would charge in the evening. The entire weekend is off-peak so I had the LEAF always charge to 80% whenever I plugged it in over the weekend, without regard to what time it is.

Something else I'd like is geofencing for the auto-present handles. Every time I walk by the car when it's in my garage (which turns out to be pretty often) the handles present, unless I remember to take the key out of my pocket before going into the garage. I'd like it if they wouldn't auto-present in the garage, but maybe that's too idiosyncratic of a request. I wouldn't mind pushing the handle while the car is on the garage.

I like the geofencing idea for the garage... don't like having to take my key out for going in and out of garage... Scheduling the charging seems like an extra step... I always have it charge after midnight to get the cheaper rates. when I don't need to charge, I don't plug it in. When I am going on a long drive, I reset the charge level to trip setting. simple... setting timers requires me to plug it in every night... not really needed more than a couple of times a week, unless traveling.

I completely agree! I walk by the car at least 10-15 times a day and it wakes up when not needed.

Some flexibility in the charging schedule would be nice. My LEAF had two schedules. You can set each one on a daily basis like a programmable thermostat. So I had one for weeknight charging and used the other for weekends. I have off-peak rates so during the week I would charge in the evening. The entire weekend is off-peak so I had the LEAF always charge to 80% whenever I plugged it in over the weekend, without regard to what time it is.

Something else I'd like is geofencing for the auto-present handles. Every time I walk by the car when it's in my garage (which turns out to be pretty often) the handles present, unless I remember to take the key out of my pocket before going into the garage. I'd like it if they wouldn't auto-present in the garage, but maybe that's too idiosyncratic of a request. I wouldn't mind pushing the handle while the car is on the garage.

I want the schedule to tell me when tires need to be rotated.

It's kinda like your house thermostat reminding you to change the (forced air) filter after so many operating hours.

Last edited:
I want the schedule to tell me when tires need to be rotated.
Good idea... I was thinking about adding a document section where we could store the PDF send for service, also track the KM used on summer and winter tire and a data entry for tire thread...

I could also add the notice for rotation based only on odometer alone and a flag you could set on the car the last time you had it done. Thanks

The current charging start time works great for me. The only thing I might other than charge completion time is to add an automatic change to start time with daylight savings time:

Example, for me:
Oct-May, off peak is from 10pm to 4pm
June to Sept, off peak is from midnight and 2pm