Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger Growth Rates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The first 100 Superchargers were completed in 17 months.
Superchargers 100-200 were completed in 5 months.
Superchargers 200-300 were completed in 3 months.
And it looks like Superchargers 300-400 will be completed in about 2 months.

Amazing progress !! Will we see 100 Superchargers completed in a month anytime soon ? Could that rate continue or have they reached a peak ? :cool: :biggrin:

The first 100 Superchargers were completed in 17 months.
Superchargers 100-200 were completed in 5 months.
Superchargers 200-300 were completed in 3 months.
And it looks like Superchargers 300-400 will be completed in about 2 months.

Amazing progress !! Will we see 100 Superchargers completed in a month anytime soon ? Could that rate continue or have they reached a peak ? :cool: :biggrin:

May be! Wouldn't that be great? It'd also be nice to see Tesla build Superchargers in South/Latin America.

How many stealth Superchargers are under construction RIGHT NOW that we don't yet know about?

My guess is not very many--maybe 3-4 at the most. This forum has spies throughout most of the country. The "coming soon" pins on the Supercharger page on the Tesla website shows about 40-45. Most of them like Mojave, Manteca, Winnemucca, etc. have pages dedicated to their progress. Others like Bishop are likely known, but no permit has yet to be issued.

It is certainly possible that a couple in out-of-the way locations (perhaps heading west from Okie City along I40 or I25 north from Albuquerque to Trinidad) might be in the works as I type. And there might be one in an urban area that we do not know about.

Let's hope that Tesla continues to sustain this rapid pace of construction and does not taper off in the second half of the year!

How many stealth Superchargers are under construction RIGHT NOW that we don't yet know about?
Define "we". There are typically quite a lot of superchargers under construction that aren't known here in China and parts of Europe.
My guess is not very many--maybe 3-4 at the most. This forum has spies throughout most of the country.
That's an american centric view. There are probably that many in China alone. Hefei and Shijiazhuang are under construction according to Autohome users.
(Well do those count as known now? :) )

Last edited:
I love it when Tesla manages to spring one on us that no one knew about (Greenville, AL comes to mind as a recent one).

Country Club Hills, IL is another one.

- - - Updated - - -

That's an american centric view. There are probably that many in China alone. Hefei and Shijiazhuang are under construction according to Autohome users.
(Well do those count as known now? :) )[/QUOTE]

ScepticMatt, can you get addresses for those so that we can ask Blueshift to put them on the map?

- - - Updated - - -

Country Club Hills, IL is another one.

- - - Updated - - -

Oops, just realized I posted here by mistake. I'll try to move the China stuff to the other thread.