Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

new delivery jump seat, music display, front rear vent cup holder questions..

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
just took delivery of a new S85. Great car.
1.with the jump seats. The parcel shelf can be removed and stored outside the car. But the DS said the fold-able trunk cover piece can fit between the jump seats and the rear seat for storage when the jump seat is open. I can not seem to figure out how to get it there. If I put that piece there, the jump seat will not latch onto the 2nd row rear seat because there is this thick cardboard thing in the way. Where does this trunk cover go when the jump seats are to be opened? Does it fit anywhere in the trunk?
2. With HD radio, Slacker etc I get album art, song title and artist title. But when I play USB music that has the proper metadata all that shows is the song name. For a split second while switching between songs the artist name will show up, but then again the song name only shows up in the display. Is there any way to show the name and artist for a normal USB mp3 or flac file etc?
3. Anyone tried and was successful with a vent cup holder for the left drivers side vent. Or anyone found one for the center bin area without spending $600 on the aftermarket setups. The factory one is too far back to be useful. It might work for the rear seats as well on the rear vent

Thanks.

In early cars, the frunk is deep enough that you can fit the folded parcel shelf and trunk floor cover in it.

In later cars the DC-DC converter was moved, so the frunk is not as deep, and there is nowhere to store these. Nothing fits behind the rear facing seats as far as I know.

Ours just get left at home.

just took delivery of a new S85. Great car.
1.with the jump seats. The parcel shelf can be removed and stored outside the car. But the DS said the fold-able trunk cover piece can fit between the jump seats and the rear seat for storage when the jump seat is open. I can not seem to figure out how to get it there. If I put that piece there, the jump seat will not latch onto the 2nd row rear seat because there is this thick cardboard thing in the way. Where does this trunk cover go when the jump seats are to be opened? Does it fit anywhere in the trunk?
I have rear facing seats. The seat cover fits behind the seats. It should have a crease/fold on it so it in can bend to make a letter L with the bottom of the L being 3 inches or so. It then leans against the second row seats and has the folded portion out.. like a letter L against the second row seats facing the rear of the car. hopefully that makes sense. If needed I can snap a photo. I will say it is tight, but it works. As for the parcel shelf it is in the garage in a bag...

I have rear facing seats. The seat cover fits behind the seats. It should have a crease/fold on it so it in can bend to make a letter L with the bottom of the L being 3 inches or so. It then leans against the second row seats and has the folded portion out.. like a letter L against the second row seats facing the rear of the car. hopefully that makes sense. If needed I can snap a photo. I will say it is tight, but it works. As for the parcel shelf it is in the garage in a bag...

If that's true then you have just blown my mind. Before delivery I'd read that both the parcel shelf and seat cover had to be stored outside the car. The parcel shelf is not so bad but the cover is super-annoying. And on delivery I asked my DS about this and he confirmed that both parts just had to be left at home (or be slung into second row floor area). We've even done journeys where adults have sat in the rear of the car with the floor cover across their laps because we hadn't expected to use the read seats but then had to.

I can't wait to get home and try this!

If that's true then you have just blown my mind. Before delivery I'd read that both the parcel shelf and seat cover had to be stored outside the car. The parcel shelf is not so bad but the cover is super-annoying. And on delivery I asked my DS about this and he confirmed that both parts just had to be left at home (or be slung into second row floor area). We've even done journeys where adults have sat in the rear of the car with the floor cover across their laps because we hadn't expected to use the read seats but then had to.

I can't wait to get home and try this!

I no longer have my S with the third row, but I can confirm this works. I stored the foot well area cover like this whenever the 3rd row was in use.

OK my mind is well and truly blown.

It's a pretty tight fit, and you have to give the 3rd row seats a real shove to get them to latch against the 2nd row, but... wow.

Now I'm just embarrassed by how excited I am by discovering a new stowage option!

regarding the music...

If you select the USB and then for the second choice select 'Directory/Files' (I cannot remember the exact wording) then you only get the song title - no artist, no artwork. If, however, you select Songs, or Artists, then you do get the full metadata and artwork. Be aware however, that the artwork is retrieved from the internet. I have the correct, high resolution album cover for all my tracks, yet it is always a bit of a game as to what will be displayed - there are some threads of particularly funny 'alternatives' to the real cover.

We all await these trivial annoyances to be improved (V6.1 perhaps?)

Now I'm going to go home and try to cram the cover behind the 3rd row seats! It's been cluttering my garage for a year!
I didn't want to damage it the couple times I tried, but since it's a dust cover outside the car...I'll give an extra shove.