Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2014 Tesla Model S 85kWh - 4k miles - No Longer Available

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2014 Tesla Model S 85kWh - 4k miles

Blue exterior/Tan interior color, 19" Michelin Tires, Parking sensors, smart air suspension, supercharger enabled, tech package. Only 5 months old NEED TO SALE. Price $90K or best offer.

List Date: 11/26/2014

For more info, click here to view the original listing: 2014 Tesla Model S 85kWh - 4k miles
--------------------------------------
This item is no longer available.

browseformore.png
--------------------------------------
tesla-motors-club.gif

Mobile friendly version: 2014 Tesla Model S 85kWh - 4k miles

Go Mobile: Download the free Panjo iOS app now!

with the rebate you can easily buy an inventory car and get $30K off the list price. Plus if you wait about months you can likely get an inventory car with Auto Pilot and still get about $20-30K off.

I would disagree with this. I was at the Tesla Store 2 weeks ago before I purchased my USED P85. They offered me a really nice S 85 at $11k off plus the rebate. (around $78k after rebate) The reason they have been aggressive is to flush out the older Tech cars. I don't believe you get $20k or more off on an inventory car. As far as waiting to get a huge deal on the newer models it aint gonna happen. They typically rotate the cars out at around $7k or so off it will be back to that soon. So there are 2 things hurting the resale market now, the newer tech items, and the number of cars on the market. I just purchased a really nice P85 significantly under $80k with all the toys. Before this situation there were never more than a few cars for sale here, and less than a few on EBAY.

I would disagree with this. I was at the Tesla Store 2 weeks ago before I purchased my USED P85. They offered me a really nice S 85 at $11k off plus the rebate. (around $78k after rebate) The reason they have been aggressive is to flush out the older Tech cars. I don't believe you get $20k or more off on an inventory car. As far as waiting to get a huge deal on the newer models it aint gonna happen. They typically rotate the cars out at around $7k or so off it will be back to that soon. So there are 2 things hurting the resale market now, the newer tech items, and the number of cars on the market. I just purchased a really nice P85 significantly under $80k with all the toys. Before this situation there were never more than a few cars for sale here, and less than a few on EBAY.

Agree with this, for some reason MsElectric is trying to drive down the prices of our 'S's. Soon enough inventory will dry up again and the folks selling their's for a loss just to get in a D will also dry up and prices will stabilize.

90k? Are you people high? All day long from Tesla inventory at 88-92 plus I get 10k back. Every single car I see on this page for sale is at least 10-20k overpriced. I wonder when the last time someone actually sold one. Every car I that followed on eBay auctions this week haven't sold either. And they're significantly less than the prices in here.

I am selling my late husband's car on this forum so that someone can enjoy the car as much as he did. I would have expected a better class of people on this forum as well, but I see that I was mistaken. I am referring especially to you 'Jinsocal'. You have posted your rhetoric on other Tesla's for sale posts, I would have expected the website master to prevent people like you from posting on this forum. If you have a Tesla great, then allow someone else to enjoy such an awesome car, if not and you feel that the price is too high then shop on and stop trying to influence people on this forum that this is some type of scam.

Last edited:
I am selling my late husband's car on this forum so that someone can enjoy the car as much as he did. I would have expected a better class of people on this forum as well, but I see that I was mistaken. I am referring especially to you 'Jinsocal'. You have posted your rhetoric on other Tesla's for sale posts, I would have expected the website master to prevent people like you from posting on this forum. If you have a Tesla great, then allow someone else to enjoy such an awesome car, if not and you feel that the price is too high then shop on and stop trying to influence people on this forum that this is some type of scam.

First of all, my sincere condolences on your loss.

And to put these comments in perspective, you should know that you enter this section on the forum at a time that there is an unusual number of sellers trying to offload their cars as they want to upgrade to the recently announced all-wheel-drive and autopilot versions. Many of these sellers have been setting asking prices that have been on the high side, in combination with them not realizing that there are many others there like them. Add to the fact that Tesla themselves are trying to offload their loaner/demo cars with the older technology at a high discount.

I don't think anyone meant to suggest that this is a scam, but rather give helpful advice on completing the sale. I agree that Jinsocal was blunt, perhaps too blunt, but can also see him/her having read several for sale posts in a row with inflated asking prices and finally lost it. It's of course unfortunate that he/she did so in your sales thread since you are selling for a different reason than most, but I wouldn't take that personally. I would argue that the tone in this forum is usually blunt but not offensive, but that's just my opinion.

Good luck.

Here's pricing information for interested buyers:

85 kWh Model S - $79,900
Blue Metallic Paint - $750
Tan Leather Seats - $1,500
Tech Package - $4,250
Smart Air Suspension - $2,250
Destination - $1,170

Total - $89,820

Tesla's discount on loaners with no autopilot is 2% per month = 10% = $8,982. Discount for miles, $1 per mile = $4,000. Discounted price is $76,838. Minus the $7,500 rebate, fair value of the car would be $69,338.

Here's pricing information for interested buyers:

85 kWh Model S - $79,900
Blue Metallic Paint - $750
Tan Leather Seats - $1,500
Tech Package - $4,250
Smart Air Suspension - $2,250
Destination - $1,170

Total - $89,820

Tesla's discount on loaners with no autopilot is 2% per month = 10% = $8,982. Discount for miles, $1 per mile = $4,000. Discounted price is $76,838. Minus the $7,500 rebate, fair value of the car would be $69,338.

I don't disagree with your math here but will say that the number of blue/tan 85s in Tesla's inventory for sale is very few, and most if not all of these are P85s. Of course inventory is constantly changing and people might get a different answer if they called today, but I called three times in the two weeks before Thanksgiving and spoke to different sales people in different offices, and was told there were no S85s in this color combo with the old technology in inventory. The only S85 I was quoted had the auto-pilot and was basically not discounted at all. I received another couple of quotes for P85s but these were only discounted to the mid-90s. There were and I'm sure still are a fair number of other color combinations with the old technology that can be had at a steep discount, but not sure it's true any more for S85 blue/tan cars.

Agree with this, for some reason MsElectric is trying to drive down the prices of our 'S's. Soon enough inventory will dry up again and the folks selling their's for a loss just to get in a D will also dry up and prices will stabilize.

I can assure you that I am not powerful enough to drive down the price of 1 year old Teslas and my only intent was to help the sellers sell their cars and point out politely that it would make absolutely no sense for someone to pay over $20K more to buy a car used than what they can get with a Tesla inventory car and then get about $7,500 to $10,000 rebates on top of that.

If you disagree with me, let's see if anyone will pay the $90K or even $85K for a 1 year old S85 as some seem to think they are worth. Pointing out that S85s can be bought for the mid to late 60s and P85s can be bought for the mid to late 70s is public knowledge and I am just stating facts.

Placing a value on one's Tesla -

QUOTE = [Silver Surfer] - SFO Turtle - where did you get the formula for the evaluation of one's Tesla? What is the Tesla discount on loaners (why did you use that, BTW?) WITH autopilot?? I understand or have heard of the other calculations.

I don't disagree with your math here but will say that the number of blue/tan 85s in Tesla's inventory for sale is very few, and most if not all of these are P85s. Of course inventory is constantly changing and people might get a different answer if they called today, but I called three times in the two weeks before Thanksgiving and spoke to different sales people in different offices, and was told there were no S85s in this color combo with the old technology in inventory. The only S85 I was quoted had the auto-pilot and was basically not discounted at all. I received another couple of quotes for P85s but these were only discounted to the mid-90s. There were and I'm sure still are a fair number of other color combinations with the old technology that can be had at a steep discount, but not sure it's true any more for S85 blue/tan cars.