Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Tesla owner and HAPPY Great price from tesla!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good morning everyone,

I'm a new Tesla S owner and could not of gotten a better car or price (I don't think) :)

I have been looking for a year here in Southern California. I stumbled upon the fact you can buy a dealer car. Meaning, managers car, demo or loaner. We were SO lucky as the car was set up almost exactly the way we wanted it. Our Car:
2014 (4/14) 7,200 miles, Sliver metallic/Panp Roof/Tec package/21" grey wheels/grey leather/85/duel chargers/fog lights/parking sensors/carbonfiber dash/yacht floor/clear paint armor/parcel shelf.

The invoice was $99,220. Discount $21,098.

So $78,000 bought the car! AND we are the 1st registered owners so we get the full tax benefits available!!

Tesla couldn't have been nicer! When we picked it up it had a hugh bow on it and a placard of congratulations.

The full warrantee applies so we get the FULL 50 K beyond the milage on the car and the full 4 years.

We just LOVE the car and just got the windows tinted medium (50%) and it sets off the wheels and roof very nicely.

Gee, can you tell how we feel LOL

You just can't beat these type of deals IMO.

Has anyone else had this type of experience?

That's great! I was just at the Palo Alto store and they said that the cheapest 85 with pano and tech (inventory) is $86k. Seemed a bit much to me (brand new this would be 89k; but this one had other options that I wouldn't have ordered).

Good morning everyone,

I'm a new Tesla S owner and could not of gotten a better car or price (I don't think) :)

I have been looking for a year here in Southern California. I stumbled upon the fact you can buy a dealer car. Meaning, managers car, demo or loaner. We were SO lucky as the car was set up almost exactly the way we wanted it. Our Car:
2014 (4/14) 7,200 miles, Sliver metallic/Panp Roof/Tec package/21" grey wheels/grey leather/85/duel chargers/fog lights/parking sensors/carbonfiber dash/yacht floor/clear paint armor/parcel shelf.

So $78,000 bought the car! AND we are the 1st registered owners so we get the full tax benefits available!!

Tesla couldn't have been nicer! When we picked it up it had a hugh bow on it and a placard of congratulations.

The full warrantee applies so we get the FULL 50 K beyond the milage on the car and the full 4 years.

We just LOVE the car and just got the windows tinted medium (50%) and it sets off the wheels and roof very nicely.

Gee, can you tell how we feel LOL

You just can't beat these type of deals IMO.

Congrats! Picked up our S85 w/ 6900 miles last Saturday from the Fremont plant under the same program pricing. Ours is black with similar specs except w/ single charger and 19" wheels and priced accordingly. The Tesla folks there were also exemplary with ensuring the delivery experience was special that day.

Had also been waiting over a year to be able to obtain one at a price point to fit our budget so just coming out of my skin each morning to see one finally parked in our garage :)

No factory paint armor included but will be bringing the car to Orinda Detailing next week for paint correction, opticoat and Xpel film thanks to the helpful recommendations from this forum!

Yes they did

Congrats! That sounds like a great price! Wonder if they have any P85s still in the system unregistered?

There were 5 others and I asked them to not pull red or black. So 5 others and maybe more. Call the Mission Viejo Tesla location and ask about showroom special discounts on Telsa owned cars. The others had ave. discounts of about 12K. Why ours was a 21K discount they could not explain. But I was fine with it :) :) They said H.O. sets the prices and they simply bring them up on the computer.

We feel VERY LUCKY to get this car with the cooler we wanted and the options that were important to us. We would not of gotten the 21" grey wheels and tires for $4500 but they were on the car……. AND they look beautiful :)

Can you tell how happy we are?

Warmest congratulations on your new car.

Hope you enjoy it immensely and help to spread the Tesla Grin for many years.
By becoming an MS owner, you also have the distinction of being the newest member of Tesla's sales force.
You will get paid for your position, just not in regular dollars. :wink:

Spreading the joy is very rewarding.

Even with the $4.5k wheel upcharge, paint armor and silver on grey, this does sound like a good deal. Congrats!

We love the silver on grey! It is a super combo in out opinion and one of our 1st choices anyway. I guess theta's why there are 31 flavors of ice cream :) The paint armor is hardly noticeable and helps on So. Cal. freeways. We would of gotten both on a new order anyway. It is just the wheels we wouldn't of spent $4500 for. But the sure look great!

Good morning everyone,

Congrats and welcome to the 85 club.

I too brought an inventory car and paid about the same price like you but mine did not have pano roof and fog lights... I have regular 19 inch wheels and very happy about it.