Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2013 Blue Tesla Model S P85 (13k miles, $77k)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2013 Blue Tesla Model S P85 (13k miles, $77k)

Year: 2013 (December)
Miles: 13,600
Exterior Paint: Deep Metallic Blue
Interior Trim: Carbon Fiber
Interior: Black Leather

Options:
- 19" Michelin Primacy Tire Upgrade
- 19" Wheels
- 85 kWh Performance Model S
- All Glass Panoramic Roof
- Black Nappa Leather Seats
- Blue Metallic Paint
- Carbon Fiber Decor
- Parcel Shelf
- Parking Sensors
- Supercharger Enabled
- Tech Package
- Ultra High Fidelity Sound
- Red Brake Calipers
- Titanium Underbody Shield Added

Paid $114,264

List Date: 11/19/2014

For more info, click here to view the original listing: 2013 Blue Tesla Model S P85 (13k miles, $77k)
--------------------------------------
On Sale For: $77,000.00

buynowbutton.png
--------------------------------------
tesla-motors-club.gif

a07b7ffa-3ce3-4dd4-904e-9e8dd6ecef56.jpg
0911095a-aecf-482b-a3e3-9580e05e049a.jpg
71b85e1f-e6d0-4f0e-90fd-30b2975b8a86.jpg
7b1d4c4c-98f9-433b-be63-ae49af05941b.jpg
774d24cf-7496-4d79-b0ba-faebdcc5cf15.jpg
72942204-1616-420d-acbc-e29b1869b58c.jpg

I'd fly out and buy this tomorrow for $70k.

Reading the post from Sm4llz makes me realize I should have marketed my car on Craigslist in Colorado when I sold it last month. Colorado buyers get a $6000 state credit even when buying a used EV, so long as it hasn't previously been registered in CO. Anyone in CO looking to buy used is obviously going to purchase a car outside of CO.

The website for the CPO's doesn't say it, but I would have to think that the cars Tesla is selling in Denver are from other states. That increases their value by $6,000.

Reading the post from Sm4llz makes me realize I should have marketed my car on Craigslist in Colorado when I sold it last month. Colorado buyers get a $6000 state credit even when buying a used EV, so long as it hasn't previously been registered in CO. Anyone in CO looking to buy used is obviously going to purchase a car outside of CO.

The website for the CPO's doesn't say it, but I would have to think that the cars Tesla is selling in Denver are from other states. That increases their value by $6,000.

I'm not sure that's true. I've head a lot of different opinions on this and am not sure how to verify it before making the purchase. If somebody claimed their state rebate already I don't think you can claim Colorado just because it wasn't previously claimed.

I'm not sure that's true. I've head a lot of different opinions on this and am not sure how to verify it before making the purchase. If somebody claimed their state rebate already I don't think you can claim Colorado just because it wasn't previously claimed.

Electric (EV) and Plug-In Hybrid Electric (PHEV) Motor Vehicles
Tax Years 2013-2021

Used vehicle purchases
No credit is allowed for the purchase of a used electric or plug-in hybrid electric motor vehicle if a credit was previously
claimed for the vehicle by any prior owner. Any credit claimed for the purchase of a used vehicle must be accompanied
by a "Vehicle History Report" showing the vehicle was not previously registered in Colorado. A “Vehicle History Report”
can be obtained from any of a number of third party companies that offer such reports. An internet search for the
phrase "Vehicle History Report" should provide a listing of companies that can produce this report. A used electric or
plug-in hybrid electric motor vehicle must meet all of the criteria listed at the top of this page in order to qualify for the
credit. Credits for the purchase of used vehicles must be calculated using Worksheet 1.6, above. However, in
completing Worksheet 1.6, the cost of the used vehicle must be entered instead of MSRP.

https://www.colorado.gov/pacific/sites/default/files/Income67.pdf

Great information. So if it was registered in CA, CO, GA, MA, UT then you can't claim it. Are there other states that have had the credit in the past?
Well, it says "No credit is allowed for the purchase of a used electric or plug-in hybrid electric motor vehicle if a credit was previously claimed for the vehicle by any prior owner." I would read that as "No credit is allowed for the purchase of a used electric or plug-in hybrid electric motor vehicle if a COLORADO credit was previously claimed for the vehicle by any prior owner." After all, the point of the credit is to bring hybrids and EV's into CO.

And back to the matter at hand... My offer of $70k stands :)[/QUOTE]
$72k :wink: (just kidding)

Great information. So if it was registered in CA, CO, GA, MA, UT then you can't claim it. Are there other states that have had the credit in the past?

And back to the matter at hand... My offer of $70k stands :)

For seller take the 70-72k and don't look back. There are going to be a lot of MS coming off lease in the next 3-6 months
I think you'll see another dip in prices.

Last edited:
> You can buy a CPO for less.

You definitely can buy a CPO for less, but not one with this few miles and this many options.

Options mean very little once it's a used car
dealers give them almost no value from other auto brands-- let's say a used car had 20k in options once it's a used car those options are worth 10% on the dollar
also with a CPO car you get 4 more years bumper to bumper warranty. a cpo car is worth 5k more minimum.
good luck
i'd take the 70-72k that was offered since miles are low. my guess if you were to trade it back to tesla their offer would be in 62-63k range on a straight buy back.

Just for reference 2013 Mercedes S550'S with 110-115 msrp are selling for 55k. i'd say the fact you might be able to sell for 70k is pretty amazing.

Last edited:
Okay, I'll consider any and all offers but my price remains at $78k.

Sorry, I tend not to take advice from random strangers on the internet. Especially when it involves thousands of my hard earned dollars. As far as I know you are the other guy. :p

Any dealer will give you a deal in their own best interest and if you google around on the value of used car options you'll notice that they tend to be worth much more than 10%.

Thanks for posting though!