Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Installing wall connector with single phase power supply of village house

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Cost will largely depend on the length of the cable run from MCB to place you are mounting your wall connector.

If just a few feet, then expect HK$3,000 or so. If less than 50 feet, then expect under HK$7,000. If more than 50 feet, price will depend on temperament of the installer :rolleyes:

Work to be done includes: (a) new MCB breaker, (b) trunking from MCB to isolator switch, (c) new isolator switch near the wall connector, (d) 1' trunking from isolator switch to wall connector, (e) physical mounting of wall connector on wall, (f) electrical cable for all of the above.

To expand, I have an installation where we are going to wire for 3 phase capability but only use single phase with the current charger. The length of the run from the MCB to the carport is approx 30'. As Mark has said, there with be a circuit breaker at the MCB and an isolator switch at the box I have made to house the wall connector. I am mounting the wall connector in my box myself. I will post photos when it's all done.

To expand, I have an installation where we are going to wire for 3 phase capability but only use single phase with the current charger. The length of the run from the MCB to the carport is approx 30'. As Mark has said, there with be a circuit breaker at the MCB and an isolator switch at the box I have made to house the wall connector. I am mounting the wall connector in my box myself. I will post photos when it's all done.

thanks for your sharing. I will negotiate with the vendor.

thanks for the head up on the price, I am planning to upgrade the hole house to 3 phase 60amp too so it be ready when the car arrives too.
I like to know if change to 3 phase 60amp. I need to change the fuse box inside the house too right?
Dose this 7K include the fuse box inside the house or is it just to the car.?

Just to the car.

If you have to replace your house mcb that is $$$.

Note that if you have your own parking space and can put a charger there, home or office, my advise is that you really don't need to worry. Just put in single phase 32A or 40A. Cheap and simple. Plug your car in when you get home. While you sleep it will charge to 100% no matter how low it was when you got home. 40A single phase adds about 39Km/Hour to your battery. In 10 hours overnight that is 390Km and I don't know anyone (short of a taxi driver) who drives that in Hong Kong.

Trust you are already in contact with EV Power... they did our house... top professional... installed the box using "level" and cleaned up after them... surely not an off course in HK. Have recommended them to a few others... and they quoted best price.
I had build my own box on the outside of our house. In that he installed our charger and a separate fuse box, and pull just 50 cm cable to our main power intake from CLP. We have 3 phase 60amp (maybe more)... total cost: 3800,-
NB: Believe he is also the one installing Tesla's SC.
[email protected]
Hong Kong EV Power Limited

Pic of installation:

Charger and fuse.jpg

thanks for the head up on the price, I am planning to upgrade the hole house to 3 phase 60amp too so it be ready when the car arrives too.
I like to know if change to 3 phase 60amp. I need to change the fuse box inside the house too right?
Dose this 7K include the fuse box inside the house or is it just to the car.?

the vendor said 7K includes "everything" from installation work, housing, cable etc. i am contacting EVPower to see if they can offer a more reasonable price.