Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Roadster isolation resistance (monitoring system)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

marco2228

... fixing Roadsters
Supporting Member
Does anyone know what's the typical range of the Roadsters isolation resistance (the resistance between the high voltage system and the cars chassis)?
The Roadster has a monitoring system that throws an error, if the resistance drops under an threshold value. This value would also be interesting to know.

I think it should be somewhere around 500 kΩ...

Thanks,
Marco

Does anyone know what's the typical range of the Roadsters isolation resistance (the resistance between the high voltage system and the cars chassis)?
The Roadster has a monitoring system that throws an error, if the resistance drops under an threshold value. This value would also be interesting to know.

I think it should be somewhere around 500 kΩ...

Thanks,
Marco

Are you sure it's a resistance figure, rather than perhaps a measured current imbalance between ESS- and ESS+ connections, indicating a leaky path somewhere?

Yes, I think there are no current sensors, that could measure an error current and even if there is a low resistance between HV and the chassis, there doesn't necessarily have to be a leaky current which can be detected by the ESS.. or am I seeing this wrong?